GoPro Creates 16-camera rig for Google Jump

TwistedDictator

gopro-google-camera-array-rig-0095.0.jpg
More images and videos at source

GoPro have announced a quadcopter which is built for filming VR yesterday. GoPro also built a completely separate rig with Google. It has a 360-degree, 16-camera array, and it’s the first one especially made for filming 3D VR content for Google’s new “Jump” VR ecosystem.

The New camera array slots fits right into that ecosystem as it allows users to easily create VR content for everything from YouTube to Google Cardboard.

GoPro has some impressive hardware but releasing the Jump rig the software side of the company will build up including that it also accured Kolar the VR software company earlier this year. GoPro users will enjoy their cameras as it will automatically be synced using the software Google has created for Jump, the footage will be optimized, and thanks to that cohesion users will have better battery life

The new product will only be accessible to Google’s YouTube content creators for six months through what’s being called an “early access program.” There is currently no release date or price.

Source

Damn this is awesome. I wonder how hard this was to do. You know google has a set of awesome programmers.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

• 1 month later...

This is really cool! I was thinking myself of doing something exactly like this, like almost exactly! Google can read your mind.

My idea was using an icosahedral rig of GoPro's and then stitch it together. This was like 1 yr ago. I'm calling my lawyer! JK.

gopro-google-camera-array-rig-0095.0.jpg
More images and videos at source

Source

Damn this is awesome. I wonder how hard this was to do. You know google has a set of awesome programmers.

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.