Quietest CPU Cooler <40$

Go to solution Solved by SkywardKkalox,

Stock thermal paste will be quite good. Go for a 212 evo. It's the best you can get at this price range. It's not the quietest but unless you want to dump some more money for a Noctua cooler you are good with it.

I'm looking for the quietest cpu cooler that is less than 40/50$. Simply put. I'm thinking about an Hyper 212 EVO, but I'm also wondering if water cooling is quieter. As for what I'm working with, here's the motherboard and case space I have.

f7BFV8F.png

I suppose I should also ask what a good thermal paste would be. That's less than 10$ if possible.

"Gaming is the greatest gift of modern artists"

212 Evo + cheap noctua fan (redux or p12). Done

If you really want things to be quiet, you could always just install a heatsink WITHOUT the fan, and just make sure that proper-airflow through the case takes the heat away.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary RAM: Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti
Case: Corsair Air 240 White Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB PSU: Corsair CX500 Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Operating System: Windows 8.1N

Well I'd be willing to spend a bit more. Just not much more. The only thing I worry with the 212 is that it wont fit right. I've read reviews that it just BARELY fits in this case. Also I'm currently using a stock 9$ cooler that spins at 3300rpm 24/7 with idle temps at 66C. So it can't get any worse. lol. Does the noctua fan really help?

Well I'd be willing to spend a bit more. Just not much more. The only thing I worry with the 212 is that it wont fit right. I've read reviews that it just BARELY fits in this case. Also I'm currently using a stock 9$ cooler that spins at 3300rpm 24/7 with idle temps at 66C. So it can't get any worse. lol. Does the noctua fan really help?

It's quiet while moving a good amount of air

It's quiet while moving a good amount of air

Well I just managed to win it on an auction for 27$ total. Including shipping. AWESOME I got lucky an auction was ending in 4 min.

This is what I do (Noctua P-12 with an old 212+).

Although the words "cheap" and "Noctua" should never be put in the same sentence :lol:

Xeon E3-1241 @3.9GHz, 1.07V | Asus Z97-E/USB 3.1 | G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 | MSI RX 480 Gaming X 4GB @1350MHz/2150MHz, 1.09V/.975V | Crucial MX100 256GB | WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM | EVGA 750W G2 80+ Gold | CM Hyper 212+ w/ Noctua F12 | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | Windows 10 Retail

I'm looking for the quietest cpu cooler that is less than 40/50$. Simply put. I'm thinking about an Hyper 212 EVO, but I'm also wondering if water cooling is quieter. As for what I'm working with, here's the motherboard and case space I have.

f7BFV8F.png

I suppose I should also ask what a good thermal paste would be. That's less than 10$ if possible.

If you've restricted by the space in your case, get the CM Hyper TX3 instead.

It's cheaper and only slightly worse performing than the 212 Evo.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Croyrig H5.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313