Building new PC

Go to solution Solved by Sakkura,

If it was my system, I would at least wait for Skylake before replacing CPU and motherboard. Then you can switch to DDR4 at the same time, if it's reasonably priced by then.

Hi all,

I'm looking for same help. I have a budget off about 1000 euro's for a new pc, however I don’t know what is going to be the best option.

Right now I have the following:

CPU, I5 2400.

Motherboard, MSI p67a c43.

GPU, MSI GTX 760 gaming OC

Memory, Kingston value DDR3 1333, 4*4gb

HHD, samsung 1TB.

SSD, Kingston hyper x 128gb

Corsair 600 watt power

I’m looking for a new pc on witch I can play AAA games at a min of 60FPS with the settings on high and AA. I don’t mind having a nvidia or AMD gpu. I do prefer an intel CPU.

I just don’t know what is the best combination and or if the 1000 euro is going to be enough. I don’t need a new case. Just the hardware. The HDD and the SSD also don’t need replacing. I think the power supply doesn’t need to be replaced. I have it for 4 years now.

So I’m looking for a new motherboard, memory, CPU and GPU. I5 or i7, I don’t know. Also, nvidia or AMD, I don’t know which is better for gaming, especially with the new AMD line coming out. These are a couple of games that I play:

Assassins creed (all of them)

Diablo III

Company of heroes 1

Evolve

Dragon age (all of them)

Battlefield 3 and 4

Portal, orcs must die, city’s skyline

Call of duty (most of them)

Dying light

Metro

Mass effect (all of them)

I use my pc for gaming, music mastering and editing and a lot of excel work.

I play on a 1920 / 1080p monitor. Only one monitor, I do have a second one, but I use that when I’m working at home or for my media player.

I’m sorry for my bad grammar, English is not my native language. Hoping somebody here will have a great tip for me so I can go out and buy my new pc.

Thank you for your trouble.

Thats not a new PC thats a 4 year old PC.

Because that's what he wants to replace...

I don't think you necessarily need to replace the CPU and motherboard yet. You can overclock the Core i5-2400 by 0.4 GHz and then it's very close to a typical recommendation today, the Core i5-4460.

The graphics card could be swapped for an R9 290 or GTX 970. They would crush 1080p ultra.

Can you reuse parts form your old system or do you plan on selling it whole?

You could keep HDD, SSD, PSU, case, RAM and just upgrade MoBo, GPU, CPU which for 1000€ would get you some really beastly HW.

i could reuse some parts, i want to keep my SSd and HDD. also my case. i do want to replace the RAM. PSU, I think it's still good enough, it's 4 yeras old. so not that old yet.

If it was my system, I would at least wait for Skylake before replacing CPU and motherboard. Then you can switch to DDR4 at the same time, if it's reasonably priced by then.

I didn't know about a i5 that supports DDR4, thats nice. thnx for the tip.and indeed, let us hope the price is gooing to be a nice one.

Thank you

You could get better for 1000 euros.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb