ASUS XB280HK Black 28" 4K combo

anthonyc813

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2349370&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL052615&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL052615&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL052615-_-EMC-052615-Index-_-Combo-_-Combo2349370-S1A4A

Look. I been trolling this question for months as far as a monitor for gaming nonFPS. This showed up today. It and hunting a G sync 1440p monitor, which only 2 exist, under 700.00 US. 

For 599.00 and 2 games I'kk never play how is this 4K g sync monitor? Spec are in my sig but I and running 970 SLi on a i7. I was waiting for a ROG Swift later in the year but this combo got my attention this morning.

Plus they announced you can play as The Predator in MKX soon and all I own is Predator statues and shit. win win there. Even got a mousepad recently from Predator 2 which is rare!

what do you think? Current games I play are Warcraft and Witcher 3. GTA5 if Im like super bored.

I would go for it, 970 SLI should handle 4k alright but may struggle on high settings FPS but if u plan to just MMO or whatever then it should be fine!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

That's not an ASUS monitor... It's Acer. 

It's a very good monitor for the price. It is a TN panel, so the colours aren't the best, but with a little tweaking, the panel can actually look very nice. The stand is a bit... Crap to be honest, so I'd advise going for a aftermarket stand or mount. 

I have a thread with my impressions on it over here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/292068-4kg-sync-first-impressionsreview-acer-xb280hk/

That's not an ASUS monitor... It's Acer. 

It's a very good monitor for the price. It is a TN panel, so the colours aren't the best, but with a little tweaking, the panel can actually look very nice. The stand is a bit... Crap to be honest, so I'd advise going for a aftermarket stand or mount. 

I have a thread with my impressions on it over here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/292068-4kg-sync-first-impressionsreview-acer-xb280hk/

Awesome thanks! gonna check out your link now. Just watched the Linus video on this display. It gets the nod for casual sight seeing with minor competition players Like me. Hard core FPS guys should get the ROG Switft- Linus Oct 2014

yeah newegg messed up, its the Acer not Asus. Still 600.00 for a 4K Tn panel. My fingers are itching. will spend most of this mornign at work researching this monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236175

THIS is what I currently use. Will a this 4K TN panel be a major and noticable difference???

Yes. The difference is huge. So is the power it takes to drive games at 4K. 

GSync does make running it much nicer though. I just adjust the settings in games until it feels smooth, I don't look at an FPS counter. If Gsync gets disabled (can happen with a driver crash or something similar) you notice it instantly. I don't think I can go back to a non-GSync monitor now, that's how much difference it makes. 

Bear in mind that the difference in resolution does make text very small. If you're using it as your only monitor, you're going to have to mess around with scaling. I can just about do with it on default scaling, but I have two 1080p monitors that I use if I'm reading something. 

GSync does make running it much nicer though. I just adjust the settings in games until it feels smooth, I don't look at an FPS counter. If Gsync gets disabled (can happen with a driver crash or something similar) you notice it instantly. I don't think I can go back to a non-GSync monitor now, that's how much difference it makes. 

Bear in mind that the difference in resolution does make text very small. If you're using it as your only monitor, you're going to have to mess around with scaling. I can just about do with it on default scaling, but I have two 1080p monitors that I use if I'm reading something. 

Thanks again for your help. I read your article and it is VERY helpful. I have to ask to make sure my hardware can power up and drive a monitor like this for my style of gaming.

the text adjustments might not be a issue at all. I have a desk job and my work monitors are as far away as possible cause for some reason my eyes can only see small. Anything close or big and my eyes hurt.... so smaller text the better for me. I did read what you said on adjusting brightness and colors till comfortable. Shouldnt be a problem. Im sure there will be some growing pains going from that 23" to 4K at the start.

would the 3GB memory issue have any negative effects on 4k gaming with the 970s?

would the 3GB memory issue have any negative effects on 4k gaming with the 970s?

Yes. But then again, so will 4GB at ultra settings in some games. As long as you turn down/off AA and other vRAM eating settings, you'll be find for the most part. 

Yes. But then again, so will 4GB at ultra settings in some games. As long as you turn down/off AA and other vRAM eating settings, you'll be find for the most part. 

As far as settings go, I just use the Optimized ones as per Nvidia GeForce Xp. panel... Will they all change when a better monitor is recognized by my PC?