Questions to any LG 34UC87 owners.

Hello,

I know there are not many owners of this monitor, but I hope to soon be one of you :)

I'm saving to buy one at the end of the summer here in the UK, its at about £700 at the moment.

Anyhow the main question I have here is, what kind of hardware is required to use this monitor comfortably?

I know it is most likely quite demanding on the graphic end, no matter what you are using it for. Currently I have an i5-4670k with 16GB of RAM, and an R9 290.

At I use my PC for University work, modeling things on Solidworks, some light video editing and of course some gaming too.

I really appreciate the advantage this monitor provides to someone who loves to look at high resolution photos with beautiful colours. And I cant resist come monitor real-estate Obviously!

Your help is much appreciated guys!

Depending on what kind of gaming your're doing, your current system should be fine. 

Moved to Displays--the Troubleshooting subforum is for.. troubleshooting.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Depending on what kind of gaming your're doing, your current system should be fine. 

Moved to Displays--the Troubleshooting subforum is for.. troubleshooting.

I didn't realise there was a Display section, thankyou! I'll move it to there

A 290 should be ok at running games at high medium settings all though upgrading to a second one wouldn't hurt (and you would probably want a new psu).

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

A 290 will run most AAA games at High, and maybe the latest games at Medium/High. All other components look good. 

However I've heard that the backlight bleed is very bad on that monitor, and color accuracy/contrast is poor. Try considering Dell's U3415W which has less bleeding and better color accuracy.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I mistook your monitor with the 34UC97, which is the consumer grade version not the slightly more 'pro' version. Probably should take a break before typing stuff on the computer.

My build: tis be ordered

A 290 will run most AAA games at High, and maybe the latest games at Medium/High. All other components look good. 

However I've heard that the backlight bleed is very bad on that monitor, and color accuracy/contrast is poor. Try considering Dell's U3415W which has less bleeding and better color accuracy.

Source of your information please?

A 290 should be ok at running games at high medium settings all though upgrading to a second one wouldn't hurt (and you would probably want a new psu).

I may upgrade eventually yeah, I have an NEX650g atm, im hoping that would be enough  to power a second one down the line

EDIT: I'm sorry, I mistook your monitor with the 34UC97, which is the consumer grade version not the slightly more 'pro' version. Probably should take a break before typing stuff on the computer.

Yeah I'm definitely looking at the 'Business' version, seems like a much better version in all honesty, particularly with the height adjust.

Yeah I'm definitely looking at the 'Business' version, seems like a much better version in all honesty, particularly with the height adjust.

I mean because that monitor is so new you'd be better off waiting for a month or so for all the major reviewers to review it.

The lone Amazon review states that the Dell version is better as it has a better stand and more ports, although I'm not sure if that's the full story. 

My build: tis be ordered

I mean because that monitor is so new you'd be better off waiting for a month or so for all the major reviewers to review it.

The lone Amazon review states that the Dell version is better as it has a better stand and more ports, although I'm not sure if that's the full story. 

Yeah, I've looked for reviews and such everywhere but cant really find anything too extensive other then Linus's, that was the 97 though.