Is a windows system image a backup?

AlanAlan

Does that image save EVRYTHING That is on your computer how do I get a backup and have a system image and how do I restore it on another computer?

Just install Windows, and boot from an install CD, repair windows, click restore from system image. 

A system image is pretty much a whole archive of one disk, that Windows can restore from.   So yes, it is a backup and its a good habit to get into, just make sure you also backup folders and stuff like documents incase you want to reinstall freshly.  

Does that image save EVRYTHING That is on your computer how do I get a backup and have a system image and how do I restore it on another computer?

Ok, give me a sec. It is under control panel, then under system and maintenance, click on backup and restore. Then, in the left pane, select create system image.

A system image is a COMPLETE replica or identical copy of the drive that you are making it from. To get it on to another computer, go to system repair, then select repair from image.

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

This... has to be the most confusing title ever. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

This... has to be the most confusing title ever. 

Agreed

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Yes, a system image is pretty much a backup. However, it specifies that you're also backing up your full installation as opposed to just your data. To do a backup you can use something like acronis true image, but that's paid software.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

A system image is Windows, programs, and all drivers that are required to allow the system to run.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Sorry if I confuse you guys what I am asking is that does a system image saves all the information form your you computer and you are able to restore it on another computer

Sorry if I confuse you guys what I am asking is that does a system image saves all the information form your you computer and you are able to restore it on another computer

Refer to my original post on this thread.

Further information from Microsoft: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/what-is-a-system-image

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Windows 8 or 8.1 system image backup is the the best way to protect your data from the unexpected situation.if you want to back up windows 8.1 system image ,you can use the AOMEI Backupper which have the function of one-click backup system drive.if you want to restore it on another computer , you can use the function of universal restore.this software can meet your demand.more detail you can read this. http://www.backup-utility.com/windows-8/create-system-image-backup-windows-8.html