Upgrading Very Old PC

Hey everyone, I'm currently trying to upgrade/rebuild a very very old HP Pavilion a1000 (About 10 years old) for my nephews so they can play Minecraft and other very light games.

I want to upgrade the PSU, CPU, Motherboard, and get a GPU.

I already know what GPU (GT 620) and PSU (EVGA 400W) I'm gonna get but I really need some help choosing a CPU and Motherboard.

I want to buy both the CPU and MOBO from ebay because there are a lot of cheap options there. I mainly need help with compatibility and CPU suggestions. There are a lot of processors for like $10 on ebay but I can't settle for a specific one. I want something Intel along the lines of Intel Core 2 Duo or Pentium D. When I search for LGA775 motherboards, I get a lot of "Dell Optiplex" motherboards and I want to know if those can be used normally.

All suggestions and ideas on how I can go about doing this project are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Usually the good CPU to get for light gaming PCs is you guessed it the Q6600

but the Q6600 CPU is a high power hungry CPU

so you need a good board which can supply the CPU the needed power

I will say at least a G41 board will do the trick

and dont forget you need tons of cooling for the Q6600

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Usually the good CPU to get for light gaming PCs is you guessed it the Q6600

but the Q6600 CPU is a high power hungry CPU

so you need a good board which can supply the CPU the needed power

I will say at least a G41 board will do the trick

and dont forget you need tons of cooling for the Q6600

Would something like this work? http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3500#ovwith maybe an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 or Core 2 Quad Q6600?

Would something like this work? http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3500#ovwith maybe an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 or Core 2 Quad Q6600?

Oh i using the GA-G41M combo

supports two DDR3 1333MHz RAM

just need a good cooler to cool the Q6600

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.