modding this game?

Cactu

so i am looking to modify this game called deadbolt

http://hopoo.itch.io/deadbolt

and i dont know how to open the game files. the only files that are in the game folder are one dll folder one application (of course) one win folder

and the level files are in .nc format

the rest of the files are sound files, any ideas on how to mod it?

@Atmos

I'm not completely sure what structure or architecture the game dev used. However, it doesn't appear to be too complex. The .nc files are able to be opened in a text doc such as notepad+, (<- i higher recommend) However, once again, without a bible of the resources I'm not sure what each value actually means or correlates to.

EDIT:: To be able to mod a game, you first need to decompress the .exe file to get at the inner workings, the handful of encrypters and compilers i have just throw stones at me when i try to decompile it.

I really wish I could tell you how xD, but even I'm at a bit of a loss without doing some indepth research on the game Sourcecode.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I'm not completely sure what structure or architecture the game dev used. However, it doesn't appear to be too complex. The .nc files are able to be opened in a text doc such as notepad+, (<- i higher recommend) However, once again, without a bible of the resources I'm not sure what each value actually means or correlates to.

EDIT:: To be able to mod a game, you first need to decompress the .exe file to get at the inner workings, the handful of encrypters and compilers i have just throw stones at me when i try to decompile it.

I really wish I could tell you how xD, but even I'm at a bit of a loss without doing some indepth research on the game Sourcecode.

thanks for the feedback, i tweeted the dev asking what engine he used and if i could mod it so if he responds that will make this a lot easier

thanks for the feedback, i tweeted the dev asking what engine he used and if i could mod it so if he responds that will make this a lot easier

Also understanding what method he used for compiling the executable will help. But there are a couple progs out there that can decompile a large number of common compiling formats. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||