Advices on Gaming Build Please

Hi all,

Been researching a new Gaming PC for a bit. This is what I have come up with so far, but there are so many option I wanted to get some advice from the kind folks here.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($68.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($61.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.95 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($309.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($108.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer  ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1102.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-24 17:23 EDT-0400

This is my first time trying to build My own gaming PC, although I have built and assembled computers before.

1. Gaming - I play games at 1080p and stream at the same time using OBS

~This is the main reason for this build. I am currently using a Razer Blade laptop, which works well enough on its own. I have to turn all of my graphics down whenever I stream, and the laptop graphics cause issues and crashes when running in full screen.

2. Goal - To play current games at full graphics hitting a consistent 80fps at 1080p when streaming. I don’t need to hit ultra, but high should be achievable

3. Future goal - I do plan on getting a second GTX 970 later and link them. I want to design this system with that in mind.

4. Must Haves - I want to stick with Intel and NVidia. It’s a personal preference thing, but if a different model would be better, let me know.

5. Sound - As I do stream, I am willing to pay a little extra for quite performance, any advice on achieving that is welcome

6. Cooling - Not sure if I should go with liquid cooling or not, I saw a bunch of stuff on both sides and it didn’t seem like a big deal, but I am open to either if you guys think it will make a notable difference

7. Over Clock - I do plan on over clocking the system, this applies to both of the above items.

8. Bling - Currently the build looks a little bland, advice on esthetic are welcome as well.

I really appreciate the help, and will post a build journal on the forums once I finalize the build.

If you are wanting to both game and stream at the same time you would probably be better going with either an FX8350 or an I7 and get 16gb of ram.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

The Corsair RM750 is not that good value for money. And you should pick a memory kit without tall heatsinks, so they don't end up clashing with the CPU cooler. And yeah for CPU-based streaming a Core i7 or Xeon E3 might be a good idea. AMD FX, meh, it only sort of catches up to Intel, and you still get an outdated motherboard feature set.

Edit - here's a modified build with a better power supply and still IMO pretty sexy-looking memory. Didn't change the CPU, but feel free to chuck a Core i7 or Xeon E3 in there if you can afford it.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 Low Profile Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.95 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($108.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($95.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1079.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-24 04:59 EDT-0400

If you are wanting to both game and stream at the same time you would probably be better going with either an FX8350 or an I7 and get 16gb of ram.

the 8350 beats any 4core i7 in streaming tho

Excellent advice, I will look into this, sounds like a good idea, and one I hadn't thought of.

The Corsair RM750 is not that good value for money. And you should pick a memory kit without tall heatsinks, so they don't end up clashing with the CPU cooler. And yeah for CPU-based streaming a Core i7 or Xeon E3 might be a good idea. AMD FX, meh, it only sort of catches up to Intel, and you still get an outdated motherboard feature set.

Edit - here's a modified build with a better power supply and still IMO pretty sexy-looking memory. Didn't change the CPU, but feel free to chuck a Core i7 or Xeon E3 in there if you can afford it.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Micro Center)

Memory: Patriot Viper 3 Low Profile Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($52.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($95.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Total: $1079.87

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-24 04:59 EDT-0400

That Ram looks good too. I don’t know my RAM really and only selected the Corsair because that’s what I see in most build guides. I'll probably go with these, Thank you!