Best Program for Organizing Music? (iTunes/Spotify Equivalent?)

Anthony10
Go to solution Solved by WereCat,

Fubar 2000

Was wondering what the best offline program for organizing music is. Just want a simple UI with no ads or with a way to disable them without paying. Would like playlist and organization options.

Please recommend me a program you have used or still use!

Thanks!

I use Foobar2000

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Fubar 2000

Fubar 2000

I use Foobar2000

I'll try this out, thanks guys!

Media monkey since it has a lot of features out of the box and you can actually fucking sync a device with it so all of that music you organized isn't dead stuck on the PC

Foobar 2000  
http://imgur.com/BGQIPZF

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

Media monkey since it has a lot of features out of the box and you can actually fucking sync a device with it so all of that music you organized isn't dead stuck on the PC

Definitely foobar 2000. It can also sync to other things (with an addon). But it supports addons, and it's very responsive and customizable. So yeah, that's what I use, and I love it! (Teksyndicate did a pretty good YouTube Guide on the basics of customization of it. I would check it out, since it's a bit hard to figure it out at first)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Definitely foobar 2000. It can also sync to other things (with an addon). But it supports addons, and it's very responsive and customizable. So yeah, that's what I use, and I love it! (Teksyndicate did a pretty good YouTube Guide on the basics of customization of it. I would check it out, since it's a bit hard to figure it out at first)

Do you feel like pointing me to the addon? I'm talking about syncing files with full file structure and playlists accordingly.

For what I can see, any addons for Foobar to do something similar are extremely rudimentary and rare.

For what it's worth, Mediamonkey supports addons/scripts too but it's not really a big selling point. 

Mediamonkey doesn't directly compete with Foobar, if anything it's more closer to iTunes but with more features and no restrictions. 

My biggest problem with Mediamonkey (dabbled with MusicBee too for quite awhile) was how slow it got when asked to deal with a large library, and how much resources it took to keep it that way.  I also had problems with syncing my Android phone (I'm not sure it's any better with foobar as i don't sync playlists... just songs).

Besides being much faster foobar is also far more customizable.  I love it and hope they get the android version of it up and running this year.

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system