Wheel and Pedals for Racing games

Hey guys,

I kinda new to PC gaming, unless you count lego rock raiders era games, but I also love racing in real life (auto cross, road track etc). I have been looking into Assetto Corsa and Project CARS, but I know I will need a steering wheel and pedals to really get the most out of the game.

I have been looking into the Logitech G27 and the Fanatec stuff. Basically which is better and which should I get? I don't have any consoles so that is not a feature I need. My budget is flexible based on the quality of stuff I'm getting.

I'll be running it on a GTX970 and 4690k/

Thanks!

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

AFAIK, the G27 is the most legendary wheel and set that you can get for under $200, and tons of people love it. I personally don't have any experience with it so I'm hesitant to recommend it, but it's great. Legendary is a good word to describe it with.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

I kinda new to PC gaming, unless you count lego rock raiders era games, but I also love racing in real life (auto cross, road track etc). I have been looking into Assetto Corsa and Project CARS, but I know I will need a steering wheel and pedals to really get the most out of the game.

I have been looking into the Logitech G27 and the Fanatec stuff. Basically which is better and which should I get? I don't have any consoles so that is not a feature I need. My budget is flexible based on the quality of stuff I'm getting.

Are you looking for something with a clutch and shifter as well? If so, G27 is one of the best you'll get for the money right now brand new, but rumor has it that the succeeding G29 is coming soon. If you'd only use paddle shifters or automatic, take a look at the Driving Force GT.

"Rawr XD"

Hey guys,

Thanks!

I have a driving force GT :)

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Hey guys,

Thanks!

What is your budget? Fanatec Club Sport wheel and pedal is definitely better than G27 but it is much more expensive.

You can try look at Thrustmaster T300RS + Fanatec Club Sport pedal combo.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I'd definitely want a third pedal if I chose to shift with a clutch, and Fanatec used to offer a bundle with the Wheel and Pedals for like 280, but now it does not seem like they do... Perhaps I will hold off on getting anything. I am still in season for real life racing...

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

All the G-series from logitech are really budget / entry wheels, but once you have tried out Fanatec and also the high end Thrustmaster wheels they are way better. 

for a happy medium setup something liek the Fanatec Porsche GT3 RS wheel and clubsport or CSR pedals and shifter is a must. 

For the best overall experience the Clubsport wheel base and then the wheel rim of your choice is pretty much top dog right now. 

a good wheel and pedals is for sure needed to get the most out of a racing sim game. 

Assetto Cosra is really good sim game and not a lot of adjustments are needed for car setup, just get in and drive. 

got to love Asus components

I really wouldn't recommend getting a g27 now. It's 5 years old now and is about to get an upgrade, the g29. Pictures and details of it are already starting to leak so it won't be long till they are released. I'm also looking for a new wheel and I am waiting out for the g29

Well, the g27 is pretty long in the booth like others has stated, but I still think it is a very good wheel+pedal+shifter setup for the price. I think you can still have it on your shopping list if you don't mind having a older model.

PC Specs:
Mid-2017 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/RP560) | Mid-2014 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/GT750M) | Media/Gaming PC (Specs in Profile)

Audio Specs:
Shure SE846 |AKG N40 |Sennheiser IE80 |Sennheiser HD598 |Fiio E18 

• 4 months later...

I highly recommend a Thrustmaster wheel. I have a T300RS with a set of T3PA PRO pedals and a TH8A shifter. This, in my opinion, is a brilliant setup for sim racing (thought it will depend on budget). Oh, and it's hard-mounted to a GT Omega Racing Wheel Stand.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0Ghz | Asus Z97 PRO | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB (4x 8GB) 1600Mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 with CableMod Custom Sleeved Cables (Black/White) Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB | Western Digital Blue Series 4TB | 3x Noctua NF-F12 PWM + 3x Noctua NF-A14 PWM | 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW+ ACX 2.0 in SLI | Windows 8.1 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB with Cherry MX Brown Switches | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Glorious PG Gaming Race Extended Mouse Mat | Beresford Caiman MKII DAC + Amptastic Mini-1 Stereo Amplifier + Q Acoustics 2010i | Sennheiser HD 598 | Audio Technica AT2020USB+ | Logitech C920 | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q

It really depends on how much you want to spend. If you're looking for "best bang for your buck" then you should go for the Logitech Driving Force GT. Yes, the force feedback on that is a bit loud and you get buttons instead of shift paddles, but it's really, really good, escpecially if you're new to sim racing. Best overall would be Logitech G27. Absolutely highest quality, great pedals, great force feedback, led rpm indicator(works in project cars, havent tested in assetto corsa). The only drawback I can think of is the lack of a proper handbrake(I play mostly Richard Burns Rally, so I have to use the handbrake quite often, but you wont need it on the track ;) ) + the brake pedal seems to be too hard at first. Logitech wheels are compatible with most(if not all) racing games, even the older ones(RBR was released in... 2004, but its still the best rallying sim). Fanatec wheels are awesome, but also veeery expensive. Go for the G27, you wont be disappointed. ;)