How to get SpeedFan to open on startup?

JordanMac
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

SpeedFan requires Administrative privileges. You can't put it at startup like this.

You need to use a method that requires administrative privileges to be able to set it to start with elevated credentials.

So what you need is to create a task in the Task Scheduler.

Open the Task Scheduler, click on Create Task on the left side column, fill in the form, and click on OK.

Now it will work. :)

Hi guys, i have put the shortcut in the startup folder and in the task manager/startup tab it is there and enabled. any suggestions why its still not opening on start up? thanks guys.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

as i said in the op i have already done those steps and its still not opening on startup.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Windows key -> msconfig -> startup, add it there, the program, not the shortcut.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Windows key -> msconfig -> startup, add it there, the program, not the shortcut.

when i open up the startup tab in msconfig it just has a link for the task manager. i'm guessing were on different windows, im on windows 8 with startisback. i tried putting the actually program in the startup folder instead of the shortcut and it made no difference. any other suggestions? thanks

SpeedFan requires Administrative privileges. You can't put it at startup like this.

You need to use a method that requires administrative privileges to be able to set it to start with elevated credentials.

Open the Task Scheduler, click on Create Task on the left side column, fill in the form, and click on OK.

Excellent, thank you very much, set it to hidden as well so i don't even have to see it.