[Build Log] EREBUS - X99, 900D, H2O [Build Complete]

darwin1859

Mostly black with either some purple or orange, haven't decided yet. I haven't put it in the OP, but Mayhems are making me a custom coloured coolant to go with the theme.

just saying, I know you have the tubing already but some copper tubing would look fantastic if you went that route

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

Woah that's really cool! I might take that on my build with the 750D (The stealth mod) for a card reader I have.

What do you think about removing the 5.25 bay in general to free up space? Granted you have a fan controller, and a 900D so space isn't a problem, but I think I might do it to my 750D when I actually upgrade it and watercool it. 

Also isn't that front panel a huge problem for an airflow perspective? 

Edit: followed btw. looks like a fun project to watch!

Thanks. The mod was pretty straightforward. Removing the whole 5.25" bay would be a bit more tricky. You might be left with some uncovered/unpainted areas and potentially lose structural stability. But if you want to do it, you need to drill out some rivets.

just saying, I know you have the tubing already but some copper tubing would look fantastic if you went that route

I think copper or chromed copper would look awesome. But it's probably out of the scope of this build, unfortunately.

Loving all the alphacool parts!

Also, your photos are awesome!

CPU: Intel 3570K   Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 RAM: 16GB VENGANCE LP GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 (x2) Case: Cooler Master HAF XM Storage: Western Digital 1 & 2 TB PSU: Corsair TX650M Display(s): BenQ GW2750 Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Keyboard: Corsair Vengance K60 Mouse: Mionix NAOS 3200 Sound: Creative Sound Blaster ZX Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Loving all the alphacool parts!

Also, your photos are awesome!

Thanks for your comments. I'm hoping to get the loop installed at the weekend, so more pics coming soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Happy to say I'm back up and running after successfully fitting the loop. I'll be catching up with logs for a while!

CqHmjSLl.jpg

Spraying the Corsair SP120 and AF140 fan rings. No primer - I just sanded with about 200 grit paper, cleaned thoroughly and sprayed several thin coats. I'm happy with the paint, it has a good matt finish.

TJvC3fWl.jpg

Tower of fans...

G5TmcLTl.jpg

With painted rings

8xVKYVnl.jpg

Flushing the (2x) Alphacool UT60 480mm rads, ready for fitting.

k1LFx41l.jpg

Fitting the top rad. I had to solder a female-female adapter for the 8-way fan splitter.

V9xodHdl.jpg

Top rad fitted. Also fitted the GPUs, CPU and MOSFET blocks. My planned tubing routes are marked by pipe-cleaners.

NwzgmEBl.jpg

Drilled some holes - two in the midplate for tubes to pass through to the lower section, one above the res for a rear fillport, and a couple to mount the res holders further apart.

VDkPO91l.jpg

Both rads now fitted. I also used carbon fibre vinyl on the fans.

ueXsgSGl.jpg

More coming soon!

----------

NwzgmEBl.jpg

ueXsgSGl.jpg

hard pipe cleaner tubing.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

I am a fan of the purple. More purple!

Agreed, that deep purple is one I have always liked for pc builds and even cars. Looks sexy. 

Archangel(z11 Build) CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.0 GPU: 2x Sapphire R9 290x RAM: 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V 2800 Mobo: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/AC Power Supply: Cougar CMX1000 Case: Zalman Z11 Plus HF1 Storage: 120GB Intel 520 SSD, 1TB WD Blue

Reptile(Dual G34) CPU: 2x Opteron 6172 RAM: 32GB DDR3 1866 ECC Mobo: Super Micro H8DGU-F Power Supply: Seasonic SS-660XP2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 7k300 3TB

White Knight:(wife's build) CPU: A10-6800k GPU: MSI 7970 Lightning GHz BE RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury White 1866 Mobo: MSI A88x-g43 Power Supply: Seasonic M12II 520 Case: TT Commander Snow Edition Storage:1TB WD Blue

hard pipe cleaner tubing.

They're actually pretty soft ;) In seriousness, pics of the tubing coming soon...

I am a fan of the purple. More purple!

Thanks, me too. Mayhems are making me a custom purple pastel coolant, and the sleeving will be done soon too.

Agreed, that deep purple is one I have always liked for pc builds and even cars. Looks sexy. 

Thanks, I almost went for orange, but I've seen too many orange builds recently. Purple is still pretty rare, and I think it looks great.

This looks nice! My dream is to have a full blown x99 system, sadly it's wayyy too expensive 

My 800D buildlog

DSLR: Nikon D5100/kit lense + batterygrip

Cutting, bending and fitting the rigid tubing. The tubing is 12mm ID / 16mm OD, which meant the bend radius was quite large.

This post shows a test fill with clear coolant - this will soon be replaced with a custom Purple pastel coolant from Mayhems...

Tools for cutting and bending

uuOp5S1l.jpg

First tubes in place - reservoir inlet and outlet, and fill port routing to the rear of the case

rdzWTwFl.jpg

90º bending mandrel. As it turned out, a tighter bend radius was needed...

Vpn51Phl.jpg

Improvised tight bend 90º jig, using the original mandrels for alignment, and a plastic bottle  cut and nailed down for the bend itself

GWqS8ILl.jpg

Bending a tube with the new tight 90º jig

hIBVLHCl.jpg

Another improvised jig, used to secure the bent tube while bending again in a perpendicular plane. This gave perfectly-aligned bends

XHiguH5l.jpg

An improvised tight radius 45º jig, again using the mandrels as guides for the tubing

TJVotx9l.jpg

All bends done, tubing prepped and finished, and fitted in the system

FS2R574l.jpg

Test filling the loop with clear coolant. This was followed by a (successful) extended leak test. The coolant will soon be replaced with a custom purple pastel coolant from Mayhems​

idctohFl.jpg

That is some thiiick tubing. Very nice, I love the tight bends.

Nice! It looks like 16/12 is the way to go, especially for larger cases.

Thanks guys. Honestly 16/12 is tough to work with. But I think it paid off. In a huge case like the 900D, there is a lot of space to fill!

Currently Blitzing the system before I fill with a custom Mayhems purple pastel coolant. More pics shortly.

I'll also be showing the finished build at the Alphacool stand at Insomnia 55, if you'll be there come and check it out!

• 2 weeks later...

After several months planning and work, the project has finally reached completion. The ultimate 4K gaming computer with trifire R9 290X, X99 and DDR4 RAM. Full rigid watercooling loop including dual D5 pumps and two 480mm radiators.

Thanks to Alphacool for displaying the finished system at Insomnia Gaming Festival 55. That was a lot of fun! And a special thanks to all the sponsors for this project: Corsair, Ebuyer, Alphacool, iiyama, E22, Mayhems and Lamptron.

zFMLRlbh.jpg

Oo9VHTzh.jpg

h12VeTAh.jpg

UR8PNIzh.jpg

rypsimZh.jpg

XznW6Dnh.jpg

xzotWNfh.jpg

ZZdng2sh.jpg

sCODNXYh.jpg

bHfW5fzh.jpg

Qf8Emezh.jpg

Here you can see I brush Plasti-dipped the I/O ports black...

8fIN9Pfh.jpg

hO4yYVkh.jpg

7blx9RDh.jpg

r0E7yuxh.jpg

IY4jsM2h.jpg

FyWFFPth.jpg

IKk5aOOh.jpg

Kc4JDEQh.jpg

PlbVysIh.jpg

On display at i55

Y6xsFIlh.jpg

Wow very impressed and veerry satisfied with the cable managment

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Yes, yes, I like this. Very nicely done! thumb.gif

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic