Streaming Insight Wanted

Alright, so here's the deal. I'm a casual Twitch streamer. Currently I stream my one preferred game, and I do so using my ASTRO Gaming A50 for audio and mic. The A50 has been great, and the mic picks up my voice more accurately than I could have hoped.

The problem is with my own idiosyncrasies. I have a habit of letting my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth when I'm not talking or otherwise doing something with my mouth. This means that when I do start talking, there's a slight smacking sound from my tongue unsticking. I'm told that this would be off-putting for alot of potential viewers. Now that I'm aware of the problem I'm actively trying to stop, but it's something I've been doing for years so it's not going away overnight.

This is where microphones come in. I could get something like an Audio-Technica AT2020 USB to have something further away from my mouth. The issue there is that I stream from a high traffic, high activity room. This leads me to my question:

Are viewers more likely to be put-off by my tongue noise, or by the sound of random activity and conversations going on around me in real life? I get the sense that the AT2020 would be best for combating the first problem, but the A50 would handle the second one better. So which is the generally preferred solution? or is there even a consensus on something like this?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Never mind. I think I have my answer.

Edited by Borei

Admittedly most good quality microphones are likely to pick up said sound when you are streaming and if this noise occurs when you speak the mic will defiantly pick it up.

So honestly the best way is to try and break the habit it'll take time but I thinks its possibly your only solution.

Some may find it annoying others may not notice it just don't bring it up on stream.

I would recommend talking for long periods of time even if its random rabble the noise might stop.

Sorry I couldn't help more,

-OrdinaryBiscuit 

Admittedly most good quality microphones are likely to pick up said sound when you are streaming and if this noise occurs when you speak the mic will defiantly pick it up.

So honestly the best way is to try and break the habit it'll take time but I thinks its possibly your only solution.

Some may find it annoying others may not notice it just don't bring it up on stream.

I would recommend talking for long periods of time even if its random rabble the noise might stop.

Sorry I couldn't help more,

-OrdinaryBiscuit 

Don't worry about it. Thanks for the input.