Subwoofer question

cmb6062

Should the bass port be faced to the wall or be free, a friend of mine said it should be faced the wall because then the sound will go around the room better.

It can face the wall, but it shouldn't be up against the wall (the distance from the wall depends on the size of the speaker). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It can face the wall, but it shouldn't be up against the wall (the distance from the wall depends on the size of the speaker). 

Will do some more tests to see if i can get better bass around my room a bit better, not a big room and in the middle there is almost no bass

Generally you'd have one air port facing your way, with the driver hitting the floor or the wall

This is from the Klipsch Subwoofer FAQ: http://www.klipsch.com/Education/klipsch-subwoofer-faqs

The best way to find the ideal place for your subwoofer is to hook it up and put it right where you will be sitting in the room. Set the subwoofer to level, low pass and phase. Play something with consistent, deep bass and move around the room on your knees; this way your head is about where it would be when you are seated. The spot where the bass sounds best is a spot where you might put your subwoofer. You may find more than one location.

I think you should just have it face you towards where you are sitting. 

Signature unda construction... in the meantime. Tell me more about yourself. I'm sure you've got an interesting story.