Fan Controller Help

Tim Drake

Okay so plz don't call me stupid because I never bothered researching anything about fan controllers but can fan controllers be set to automatic so I don't HAVE to press/move the dial when I want to change my fan?

Or does it depends on the FC?

Depends on the controller. If it hooks to your PSU, then it most probably will have fixed values (e.g. 5, 7 and 12 V) or a range of values if it's with a slider (and not a 2, 3 or whatever-position switch) and you will need to move that switch/slider to change the fans' voltage. If it hooks to a PWM-controlled fan connector on the motherboard, then it may have work in a kind of automatic mode.

Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 5900X | NH-U14S | Asus X Noctua RTX 3070 | MP600 | 850 EVO 250 GB | Caviar Black 5 TB | SS-860 XP2 | Define R5 Black | Thaulab Varna IV -> Objective 2 -> Sennheiser HD-555/AKG K7XX/Audiotechnica ATH-M40x

Depends. Something like Grid+ you will use NZXT CAM to create fan curves. Or the one Linus uses where you do the settings once and then it works by itself. But many cheaper ones rely on user based control. Those are really for people who like to have fan run with many different speeds.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Depends. Something like Grid+ you will use NZXT CAM to create fan curves. Or the one Linus uses where you do the settings once and then it works by itself. But many cheaper ones rely on user based control. Those are really for people who like to have fan run with many different speeds.

Hmm I might grid the Grid+ it looks good.