More fans?

xAssassin124x
Go to solution Solved by yippy3000,

You have a few options:

1) splitter like Minzo posted but don't chain them as most likely the motherboard can't support the power of more than 1-2 fans per header.

2) Buy a fan controller, these usually require an external 3.5" or 5.25" drive bay and let you manually control the speed of several fans using dials.  They are powered directly from your power supply.

3) Get a molex -> 3pin fan adapter.  This also lets you power fans directly from your power supply, however, with no controller, the fans will run at full speed at all times.

I started putting my PC together yesterday and noticed the motherboard only has 2 system fan ports. Can I add more fans than that with splitters or something similar or is it just 2 plus the cpu fan? 

You can use the CPU Fan Header

Because he had a hard drive.

You can use the CPU Fan Header

But I'll need that for the cpu fan won't I?

But I'll need that for the cpu fan won't I?

I thought you said it had two?

if you only have one CPU header then use a splitter

Because he had a hard drive.

I'd get a fan hub. NZXT Grid+ is what I recommend.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

You have a few options:

1) splitter like Minzo posted but don't chain them as most likely the motherboard can't support the power of more than 1-2 fans per header.

2) Buy a fan controller, these usually require an external 3.5" or 5.25" drive bay and let you manually control the speed of several fans using dials.  They are powered directly from your power supply.

3) Get a molex -> 3pin fan adapter.  This also lets you power fans directly from your power supply, however, with no controller, the fans will run at full speed at all times.

Fractal Design Define R5 | i7-4790k | Corsair H80 | Asus Z97-Pro WiFi | 2 x EVGA GTX 970 SSC+ | 16GB G.Skill Sniper@1866MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 256 GB | 1TB + 750GB drives | EVGA 750W G2 | 27" BenQ IPS 1440p@60Hz | Windows 10