motherboard got scratched

so i recently installed the thermaltake 3.0 ultimate...while installing the waterblock i kinda scratched the motherboard around the holes where the screws are suppose to go..Will this affect the motherboard?

Btw my motherboard is maximus VII Hero. the led on the board is showing 40 now. Please help

so i recently installed the thermaltake 3.0 ultimate...while installing the waterblock i kinda scratched the motherboard around the holes where the screws are suppose to go..Will this affect the motherboard?

Btw my motherboard is maximus VII Hero. the led on the board is showing 40 now. Please help

Lol, I see "Installing a Thermaltake 3.0 Ultimate" in the recent topics feed. Then "I sratched my motherboard" five topics later :D

Anyway you should be fine. Did you actually try booting the PC before asking for help? 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

if it doesnt blow up :) your probably good, probably

safety is olways numbah wan pwiowity

so wear safety googles and probably throw in some heavy clothing and a fire extinguisher ;)

:lol:

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Lol, I see "Installing a Thermaltake 3.0 Ultimate" in the recent topics feed. Then "I sratched my motherboard" five topics later :D

Anyway you should be fine. Did you actually try booting the PC before asking for help? 

Man you dont know how nervous I am right now and the agony i had installing the cooler. I am posting from the PC. thanks for the concern btw...u really are a very helpful person.

if it doesnt blow up :) your probably good, probably

If it blows up it'll be ok. The Maximus VII heroes generally are packed with dew and doritos. So it'l be fine either way.

safety is olways numbah wan pwiowity

so wear safety googles and probably throw in some heavy clothing and a fire extinguisher ;)

:lol:

I laughed so hard when I read that first line. I could just picture someone saying that. "safety is olway numbah wan pwiowity" :D

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I did the same thing when removing the screws from the mobo. Had no affect on the mobo what so ever.

Evidence Of Evil

Man you dont know how nervous I am right now and the agony i had installing the cooler. I am posting from the PC. thanks for the concern btw...u really are a very helpful person.

Is that serious or not? I can't exactly tell. I do like to help as much as possible. The funny thing is, I've only been building PCs for a couple months xD

I'm going to get so much hate for this. oh well. Glad I could help you. What are your CPU temps? are they less than what they used to be? Is your PC quieter now?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

If it boots, then its fine :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I did the same thing when removing the screws from the mobo. Had no affect on the mobo what so ever.

People always get nervous when pulling apart and building computers.

Like SERIOUSLY a motherboard can withstand some scratches. Jeez. When I opened up my family's pc me and my Dad were tugging away at the stock cooler, not even caring if the motherboard would be ok :D We probably would've been more careful if we knew what we were doing :P

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Is that serious or not? I can't exactly tell. I do like to help as much as possible. The funny thing is, I've only been building PCs for a couple months xD

I'm going to get so much hate for this. oh well. Glad I could help you. What are your CPU temps? are they less than what they used to be? Is your PC quieter now?

i had stock cooler before...when i ran gta v the temps reached 90 but now it is around 50...so I am happy with it.

i had stock cooler before...when i ran gta v the temps reached 90 but now it is around 50...so I am happy with it.

That's great!!! Especially with a game like GTA V! What about noise? 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

People always get nervous when pulling apart and building computers.

Like SERIOUSLY a motherboard can withstand some scratches. Jeez. When I opened up my family's pc me and my Dad were tugging away at the stock cooler, not even caring if the motherboard would be ok :D We probably would've been more careful if we knew what we were doing :P

but a cm around the edges of the screw holes are slightly discoloured but the traces what gFrenken97 were not damaged....so you can realize why i was tensed

That's great!!! Especially with a game like GTA V! What about noise? 

quite inaudible..i didnt turn it to full speed thou..at full speed its annoying

If the pc is working, it will probably be fine. There is a small space around the screw holes where there aren't any tracers, and small surface scuffs usually don't end up damaging the top layer tracers anyways...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

If it blows up it'll be ok. The Maximus VII heroes generally are packed with dew and doritos. So it'l be fine either way.

I laughed so hard when I read that first line. I could just picture someone saying that. "safety is olway numbah wan pwiowity" :D

You mean someone like this guy? :P

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

If the pc is working, it will probably be fine. There is a small space around the screw holes where there aren't any tracers, and small surface scuffs usually don't end up damaging the top layer tracers anyways...

glad to know that

quite inaudible..i didnt turn it to full speed thou..at full speed its annoying

Good! You shouldn't have to turn it up. Only when you eventually overclock your CPU and wreck all the CS:GO skrubs with a sexy 4.9Ghz overclock. at 1.666V.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

You mean someone like this guy? :P

:D Best Video 8/8 IGN

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

:D Best Video 8/8 IGN

Hahaha ikr this guy is sooo funny :P

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)