Why i love building PCs

Si3Rra_7

Because this would work that's why : 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($176.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($43.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($51.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate  1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card  ($1156.44 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Acer XB270HU bprz 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($799.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2452.36

Its working but its stupid. Just as having kids with relatives, it is working but stupid.

Wow that comparison xD

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Its working but its stupid. Just as having kids with relatives, it is working but stupid.

Wow that comparison xD

Not quite: it's only stupid because the Titan X is a stupid card. If you swap for a 980 you don't loose that much in 1440p and it works.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wouldn't it bottleneck the GPU though?

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Not quite: it's only stupid because the Titan X is a stupid card. If you swap for a 980 you don't loose that much in 1440p and it works.

The Titan X is so much but not stupid

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Not really all that much, the monitor can only do 1440p anyway

-------

Current Rig

-------

The Titan X is so much but not stupid

I don't know what else to call a card that has 6gb of vram it will literally never use: It does not has double precision or ecm which means is worthless as a workstation card and no game no matter the resolution can push much more over 4gb currently and no, it's not "future proof" since by the time games can push anywhere near 12gb of vram it will just be unable to be strong enough to compute anyway.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't know what else to call a card that has 6gb of vram it will literally never use: It does not has double precision or ecm which means is worthless as a workstation card and no game no matter the resolution can push much more over 4gb currently and no, it's not "future proof" since by the time games can push anywhere near 12gb of vram it will just be unable to be strong enough to compute anyway.

Actually, if games that are designed to be played already can take 6GB of Vram, they may take more once they are designed specially for 1440p or 4k. Also just because it has to much VRAM its not useless ^^

Actually, if games that are designed to be played already can take 6GB of Vram, they may take more once they are designed specially for 1440p or 4k. Also just because it has to much VRAM its not useless ^^

So name 1 use for it then

EDIT: Also, no game will ever be designed for 1440p that's a dead resolution only a tiny number of enthusiasts gamers will enjoy, games will attempt to go for 4k first because the market in general will push for 4k. It's already easier to find a 4k monitor than it is to find a 1440p one and it will only get worst.

-------

Current Rig

-------

So name 1 use for it then

Don't know which game it was, but that already used 6GB of VRAM and it wasn't a completly new one AFAIK. So imagine in 2 years what games will be able to consume

Don't know which game it was, but that already used 6GB of VRAM and it wasn't a completly new one AFAIK. So imagine in 2 years what games will be able to consume

In two years the card will be slow and useless for those games, just like the original titan is right now. Also "don't know which game" is not an answer. You should have known it is likely Shadow of Mordor you're talking about before bringing it up. It's still half of the vram not being used at all.

-------

Current Rig

-------

In two years the card will be slow and useless for those games, just like the original titan is right now. Also "don't know which game" is not an answer. You should have known it is likely Shadow of Mordor you're talking about before bringing it up. It's still half of the vram not being used at all.

It is an answer, it means I know there is one but I am too lazy to look so yeah

The first Titan still rocks 1080p games. tbh

It is an answer, it means I know there is one but I am too lazy to look so yeah

The first Titan still rocks 1080p games. tbh

The first titan can't handle the modern games in ultra high resolutions that could use the vram because it's already too weak to do so on the compute even if the memory is there. This is exactly what will happen to the Titan x, henceforth it's a stupid fucking card.

The only possible justification would be Jay using 3 way SLI of then and even then I am not convinced the scaling will be sufficient enough to fill out 12gb of vram. Maybe 8 and that will push things way too much.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The first titan can't handle the modern games in ultra high resolutions that could use the vram because it's already too weak to do so on the compute even if the memory is there. This is exactly what will happen to the Titan x, henceforth it's a stupid fucking card.

The only possible justification would be Jay using 3 way SLI of then and even then I am not convinced the scaling will be sufficient enough to fill out 12gb of vram. Maybe 8 and that will push things way too much.

I see your point but to play 4K today you still need it. And I would rather buy 1 Titan X than 2 980s

I see your point but to play 4K today you still need it. And I would rather buy 1 Titan X than 2 980s

If you are informed enough to know that you're informed enough to know that the 980ti will likely be 300 cheaper mainly because it will only have a reasonable amount of vram, 6gb. Again no excuse, it's a stupid card.

Dual 970s or a 295x2 remain the best 2 options for 4k right now, that's about to change with the 980ti and the 390x

-------

Current Rig

-------

If you are informed enough to know that you're informed enough to know that the 980ti will likely be 300 cheaper mainly because it will only have a reasonable amount of vram, 6gb. Again no excuse, it's a stupid card.

Dual 970s or a 295x2 remain the best 2 options for 4k right now, that's about to change with the 980ti and the 390x

Well if you are informed enough you would know that those are rumours, and even if they turn out to be true they still are rumours so I never calculate with them. 970SLI for 4K ? Those cards won't push all those pixels @60FPS on ultra

No , that i5 wont bottleneck anything honestly.

The only thing it may limit is not having enough pci e lanes for tri and quad fire.

You can pair an i5 with a titan X with no issues.

Well if you are informed enough you would know that those are rumours, and even if they turn out to be true they still are rumours so I never calculate with them. 970SLI for 4K ? Those cards won't push all those pixels @60FPS on ultra

There's enough rumors to make waiting a better proposition than getting dual 980s right now. Also I didn't say it was a good option to go for 970sli or 295x right now, I only said it was the best option, that doesn't means that there are good options right now.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wow that comparison xD

jEoK0Qo.jpg