Requirements for 5-way 1080p surround

What GPU or GPUs would be good for a 5-way 1080p surround?  Shoot for the best value when recommending it. 

Assume I want to game

Assume I have a budget of $1000-1500 for a Complete PC similar to this:

You may adjust it to however it may base your recommendation.

I'm asking just for a GPU requirement, not a whole build unless you want to paste it; just do the standard link and no bbcode.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($259.98 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler  ($44.66 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($117.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($96.17 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital WD Green 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.98 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($549.00 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  ($48.99 @ Directron)
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 750W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($121.03 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Arctic Cooling Arctic F14 PWM 77.3 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($18.71 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Arctic Cooling Arctic F12 74.0 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($8.45 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1490.55
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-26 11:31 EDT-0400

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

thats ~5k so I would say a titan-x one should be enough but sli might be good

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Pixels of 4K 8294400

Pixels of 5-way 10368000

So that is bigger but 5/4s. 

The Titan X is a great GPU, but I think 980 SLI may perform better or that 8GB 290X thing though I do have a warm room in the summer.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

you need 2 card minimum for 5 displays using nvidia cards, the best card you could get is a 295x2 and still have playable frames, also why the xeon?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

If you want to game at that kind of resolution I would go for a build like this.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bbfbf7

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

If you want to game at that kind of resolution I would go for a build like this.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bbfbf7

No...

4GB simply won't be enough, if you want more 30fps. Any 8GB like mentioned above, or at least 2x GTX 980s in SLI, and I can see around 60 fps if you're lucky. If you want definite 60fps, then yes, at least one Titan X will be required.

Your going to want a two Titan X most likely. But I don't know how many games support that very well. I had a 3 way surround and it wasn't a great experience. Yes... it looked cool and had this WOW factor but it wasn't practical.   

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

What GPU or GPUs would be good for a 5-way 1080p surround?  Shoot for the best value when recommending it. 

Assume I want to game

Assume I have a budget of $1000-1500 for a Complete PC similar to this:

You may adjust it to however it may base your recommendation.

I'm asking just for a GPU requirement, not a whole build unless you want to paste it; just do the standard link and no bbcode.

Why the hell would you want to use 5 way surround anyway?

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Flight sim is the only thing I can think of. 

To be perfectly honest the maximum amount of monitors that I would want to use for gaming would be 3. With 5 you would spend the entire time bending your neck to see what is happening. 

Oculus rift is the way to go I'd say.

Oculus rift is the way to go I'd say.

The only argument against it would be the weight on a long flight, some people do multi hour long flights. Plus still waiting on consumer version. In general I agree though.

To be perfectly honest the maximum amount of monitors that I would want to use for gaming would be 3. With 5 you would spend the entire time bending your neck to see what is happening. 

I agree, it could help with immersion, but would be really rough to look at all the screens. three would be better for budget the OP has. 

The only argument against it would be the weight on a long flight, some people do multi hour long flights. Plus still waiting on consumer version. In general I agree though.

I agree, it could help with immersion, but would be really rough to look at all the screens. three would be better for budget the OP has. 

I agree with having 3.

How graphically demanding is flight simulator games?

I agree with having 3.

How graphically demanding is flight simulator games?

http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/system-requirements/

seems like mid level requirements on single screen, so probably i5/16GB and higher end GPU for triples and SLI/crossfire for 5 screen. Elite dangerous and star citizen are probably in the same ballpark. The most demanding triple screen sim with dev support is project cars at 3X4k monitors, that probably needs triple/quad SLI titan X 

http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/system-requirements/

seems like mid level requirements on single screen, so probably i5/16GB and higher end GPU for triples and SLI/crossfire for 5 screen. Elite dangerous and star citizen are probably in the same ballpark. The most demanding triple screen sim with dev support is project cars at 3X4k monitors, that probably needs triple/quad SLI titan X 

Why couldn't he want to run CSGO on 5 monitors that would be much simpler.

Why couldn't he want to run CSGO on 5 monitors that would be much simpler.

9NPmQ.jpgThat wouldn't be too bad, low fps would be fine. 

9NPmQ.jpg

In that orientation 5 monitors makes sense.

I already have 3 and The complaint I have is that litterally NO PROGRAMS LIKE IT unsuprisingly.  48:9 is unfriendly.  It also when it worked made me feel like I was looking through a mailbox slit.  Bezels or bars don't bother me usually and I am inspired by those old 5-way Eyefinity setups on AMD GPUS.  I think that with my budget, It'd be better to see what the 390X or Nvidia Pascal can do.  I would also use either 144Hz or 60Hz panels for my setup.  I primarily just want to be able to split up my workflow and the 5 monitors could allow me to do 5 things at once and gain extra width.

So...  GTX 1080 or maybe 990 should fullfill my needs/desires.  I can wait and perhaps the Q6600 will die by then.

I have no reason to believe that 5-way 1080p would fail on many games like  5760x1080.

Also:  I should mention that According to the Mythic "Linus" triple 1080 landscape mode is harder to drive than 4k.

I already have 3 and The complaint I have is that litterally NO PROGRAMS LIKE IT unsuprisingly.  48:9 is unfriendly.  It also when it worked made me feel like I was looking through a mailbox slit.  Bezels or bars don't bother me usually and I am inspired by those old 5-way Eyefinity setups on AMD GPUS.  I think that with my budget, It'd be better to see what the 390X or Nvidia Pascal can do.  I would also use either 144Hz or 60Hz panels for my setup.  I primarily just want to be able to split up my workflow and the 5 monitors could allow me to do 5 things at once and gain extra width.

So...  GTX 1080 or maybe 990 should fullfill my needs/desires.  I can wait and perhaps the Q6600 will die by then.

I have no reason to believe that 5-way 1080p would fail on many games like  5760x1080.

Also:  I should mention that According to the Mythic "Linus" triple 1080 landscape mode is harder to drive than 4k.

5X144hz with that budget is not going to be possible. just the monitors will cost that much. If you have three 60hz displays adding to that may be possible with a couple 390Xs 

5X144hz with that budget is not going to be possible. just the monitors will cost that much. If you have three 60hz displays adding to that may be possible with a couple 390Xs 

I should mention that I already have access to 5 60hz and 2 144hz monitors.  The 60hz wouldn't

I really was trying to see if I could stretch the $1500 budget to get to 5x 1080p gaming.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($246.67 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($96.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital WD Green 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.98 @ NCIX US)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 8GB Tri-X Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($389.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 8GB Tri-X Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($389.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: CoolMax 1000W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Directron)

Total: $1505.36

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-27 17:20 EDT-0400

I wanted to prove you all wrong with saying that "Price is too little for 4K gaming"  :)

If one wants Nvidia, the price is too little for 4K but according to this site:

http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia/71/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-sli-vs-radeon-r9-290x-8gb-4k-amd-fx-9590/index.html

The two 290Xs seem to work fine (8GB version)  Now it's going to be a bit slower on triple 1080p but, I'm surprised!  Many parts are ones I wouldn't personally choose and i'd bump it up to $1600 to get better parts but it just shows that AMD still has Nvidia beat in 4K+.

Though, according to this site the 390X will beat the 290X by 59% in 4K...  That is alot!  It's too bad my room gets warm without AMD in it.

I should mention that I already have access to 5 60hz and 2 144hz monitors.  The 60hz wouldn't

I really was trying to see if I could stretch the $1500 budget to get to 5x 1080p gaming.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($246.67 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($96.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: CoolMax 1000W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Directron)

Total: $1505.36

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-27 17:20 EDT-0400

I wanted to prove you all wrong with saying that "Price is too little for 4K gaming"  :)

If one wants Nvidia, the price is too little for 4K but according to this site:

http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia/71/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-sli-vs-radeon-r9-290x-8gb-4k-amd-fx-9590/index.html

The two 290Xs seem to work fine (8GB version)  Now it's going to be a bit slower on triple 1080p but, I'm surprised!  Many parts are ones I wouldn't personally choose and i'd bump it up to $1600 to get better parts but it just shows that AMD still has Nvidia beat in 4K+.

Though, according to this site the 390X will beat the 290X by 59% in 4K...  That is alot!  It's too bad my room gets warm without AMD in it.

5X 1080p60 is more demanding than 4k.

3840×2160 = 8.294 MM pizels

9600X1080 10.368 MM pixels

So that is an extra 20% performance hit. That isn't taking into account 144hz either which the tweaktown link certainly never got near 100fps much less 144hz. 

5X 1080p60 is more demanding than 4k.

3840×2160 = 8.294 MM pizels

9600X1080 10.368 MM pixels

So that is an extra 20% performance hit. That isn't taking into account 144hz either which the tweaktown link certainly never got near 100fps much less 144hz. 

I'd like 144hz so I can say upgrade...  it'd be better to wait for the later GPUS anyways but I am not your average AAA gamer.  I love RTS games and many other less demanding (and more demanding) games like Unreal Tournament--> which is where it'll come in handy.

5 way in portrait mode. Its amazing

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930