Can Dual cores run gta 5

arnab arya

I am planning to get gta 5 for my old pc . But was just wondering can it run gta5. I have got a pentium E5300 2.6ghz dual core. can it run gta 5.

I am planning to get gta 5 for my old pc . But was just wondering can it run gta5. I have got a pentium E5300 2.6ghz dual core. can it run gta 5.

Depends on what your specs are.

if you are planning to play gta5 on a dual core, you need to increase your clock speed by a LOT. i am playing on a q8200 which is a 2.3 quad core, and my 970 is bottlenecking like hell. 

CPU:  i7 5820k  @4.0Ghz Cooler: Thermaltake Nic C5 Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Ram: 8 gb @2133Mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @1560  Case: Proprietary Sun Ultra 24  Storage: HyperX 120gb & 1 TB WD Green PSU: Cooler Master 550w 

it can run..

but not enjoyable

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You're going to struggle and even you get it to run it won't be ideal. IMO if you want to play GTA5 you need to be at least in the ballpark of what you need for a "smooth" experience. Which would be something along the lines of:

- 60GB of free space on an SSD. Game is huge, disk speed makes a difference

- A modern quad core CPU. Because you'll want to crank the population density/variety

- Something like an R9 280x or 960, ideally with 3GB VRAM or more. Because you'll REALLY want to run on HQ textures

- 8GB RAM

If you can get close to that? You'll have a good experience. If you can do better? It'll be fantastic

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Your CPU, not really. A highly overclocked g3258, yes

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

I used to have a Pentium G3258 @ 4.2ghz combines with an MSI gaming r9 290, and for me the game was unplayable. I would get around 60fps but with massive drops/skips/lag, as well as loads of pop in and issues where the textures of the roads and building would just disappear (I played on high settings). You may be able to get better performance by lowering the settings, however I was reluctant to do this considering how powerful my gpu is. Anyway this game was the motivation I needed for me to upgrade to a 4790k, as well as the fact that more and more games require more than 2 cpu cores. Hope this helps a bit.