Is studder and lagginess being caused by my monitor

Hi, i don't know why but i always am getting laggyness and studders beyond belief in my games and i was wondering if it could be my monitor thats causing the issue, what do you guys think?

-Paul

Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz Quad-Core CPU

EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SSC 2GB Video Card 

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) 

My Peripherals:

Razer Kraken Pro Headset

Logitech G710 Wired Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Wired Optical Mouse

****Dell S2440L 60Hz 6ms gray to gray 24.0" Monitor***

make sure you have the latest GPU drivers installed and that all your windows updates are installed

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

What games are you playing?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The games i mostly play are minecraft, csgo, mostly happens in borderlands 2 and the pre sequel. Ill try updating my windows drivers, gpu drivers are all up to date

The games i mostly play are minecraft, csgo, mostly happens in borderlands 2 and the pre sequel. Ill try updating my windows drivers, gpu drivers are all up to date

In what parts does it occur in both Borderlands games? Is it constant?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

In what parts does it occur in both Borderlands games? Is it constant?

It happens a lot in gunfights and sometimes when im just running around normally with no enemies on screen

get fraps and report back with framerates and the settings which will make it easier to determine also are you experiencing taring or stutters there's a difference if it's taring make sure you have V sync enabled.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

It happens a lot in gunfights and sometimes when im just running around normally with no enemies on screen

If the gunfights are brutal, frame dips are expected because of the increase in graphical demand. Other times, the game may just be loading things in the background causing frame dips. However, the game may also just be buggy.

get fraps and report back with framerates and the settings which will make it easier to determine also are you experiencing taring or stutters there's a difference if it's taring make sure you have V sync enabled.

Update!

Windows drivers are all up to date and i have benchmarks here they are 

Minecraft with fancy textures render distance of 14 and everything else turned up: Min: 0 Max:177 Avg: 91 FPS

Counter Strike Global Offensive 2x MSAA and everything else maxed out: Min: 23 Max 172 Avg: 102 FPS

Borderlands 2 Max Settings: Min: 27 Max: 139 Avg: 57 FPS

All Benchmarks were being run at 1920 by 1080p resolution

Also i am experiencing both tearing and studders

Update!

Windows drivers are all up to date and i have benchmarks here they are 

Minecraft with fancy textures render distance of 14 and everything else turned up: Min: 0 Max:177 Avg: 91 FPS

Counter Strike Global Offensive 2x MSAA and everything else maxed out: Min: 23 Max 172 Avg: 102 FPS

Borderlands 2 Max Settings: Min: 27 Max: 139 Avg: 57 FPS

All Benchmarks were being run at 1920 by 1080p resolution

Also i am experiencing both tearing and studders

there seams to be quite a lot of framerate instability which is weird considering you're getting good framerate the tearing is due to V sync make sure you have it turned on when you're running at high fps like that V sync is essential it should sort out any stability issues too. You didn't actually say if you had it on or not I'm just guessing from what you said so sorry if you do. Also I think in the case of borderlands the dip is most likely due to effects as the game is very physx heavy so if your still having trouble with that just turn the effects down. this could also be the chips power management if you go to your bios you can select performance sttings.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

there seams to be quite a lot of framerate instability which is weird considering you're getting good framerate the tearing is due to V sync make sure you have it turned on when you're running at high fps like that V sync is essential it should sort out any stability issues too. You didn't actually say if you had it on or not I'm just guessing from what you said so sorry if you do. Also I think in the case of borderlands the dip is most likely due to effects as the game is very physx heavy so if your still having trouble with that just turn the effects down.

Yeah this is very weird even in gta 5 im still having stability issues even with v sync on, i even turned down the graphical settings and still get the same problem

Yeah this is very weird even in gta 5 im still having stability issues even with v sync on, i even turned down the graphical settings and still get the same problem

I made a quick edit but I think you missed it ^^ there's not really anything else I can think of that would cause this. 

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

I made a quick edit but I think you missed it ^^ there's not really anything else I can think of that would cause this. 

ok i think i fixed it, i looked into some ways to fix it and apparently all i did was change 2 things in the command prompt and things are a lot more stable than before (especially gta v which is looking glorious) as for the screen tearing ill look into a 144 hz monitor to eliminate that problem. thanks for taking the time out to help me a bit though :)