I just bought and installed a 4790k and Maximus VII Formula.

I don't know if my previous 3770k and 2700k CPUs had this, but I noticed that, according to CPUz, that under full turbo, I only attain 4.399 GHz.

This is .1 ghz away from it. However, it makes me nervous, because my bclk is at 100mhz, so why would CPUz say this?

More so, I installed Asus AI Suite III and it has real-time frequency reports. I am running on XMP on my 16GB of Corsair Vengeance @ 1600mhz. It reports the actual frequency varying from 1594-1598mhz. I assume this could be part of the reason why the full 4.4ghz cannot be attained at all times when boosting?

Realtemp does not report any of this. It does report my full turbo speed at 4.4Ghz.

How do I fix this and what exactly is happening?

Screenshots:     http://imgur.com/sxlZLby

http://i.imgur.com/nbpekL5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lsCg6nz.jpg

Specs: Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula (Motherboard) | i7-4790k (CPU) | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition (Graphics Card) | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (C:) (SSD) | Western Digital Caviar Black 3TB (G:) (HDD) | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (F:) (HDD) | LG 14X BD Rewriter (D:) (Optical Drive) | Corsair H80i GT (CPU Cooler) | Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1600MHz (RAM) | OCZ ZX 850W (Power Supply) | Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer (Case) | Asus ROG Swift VG278Q 144Hz 1440p (Monitor) | Kingston HyperX Cloud (Headset) | Corsair Vengeance K70 (Keyboard) | Corsair Vengeance M60 (Mouse) | Noctua NF-F12 (x4) (Fans).

Take what windows reports with a pinch of salt. Its always wrong. Its reporting my CPU to run at 4.32GHz but its running at 4.40 exactly in bios/CPU-Z.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

These small MHz differences are normal (I suppose because I have nearly the same setup and the same thing happens).

That's not supposed to do that....

These small MHz differences are normal (I suppose because I have nearly the same setup and the same thing happens).

But why?

Why is my XMP 1600mhz ram running at 1596mhz most of the time? It is mostly the reason why it hits those odd-looking borderline frequencies. 4399mhz just looks strange. Bclk is fine, but no idea why that happens.

3Dmark Firestrike reports the frequency at 4.399Ghz for the most part as well.

However, Realtemp does depict full 4.40ghz, instead of 4.399. No idea.

I go crazy when stuff like this happens. My OCD gets to unprecedented levels after making recent upgrades. It's one of those times...

Specs: Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula (Motherboard) | i7-4790k (CPU) | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition (Graphics Card) | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (C:) (SSD) | Western Digital Caviar Black 3TB (G:) (HDD) | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (F:) (HDD) | LG 14X BD Rewriter (D:) (Optical Drive) | Corsair H80i GT (CPU Cooler) | Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1600MHz (RAM) | OCZ ZX 850W (Power Supply) | Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer (Case) | Asus ROG Swift VG278Q 144Hz 1440p (Monitor) | Kingston HyperX Cloud (Headset) | Corsair Vengeance K70 (Keyboard) | Corsair Vengeance M60 (Mouse) | Noctua NF-F12 (x4) (Fans).

If it bothers you so much then manually enter everything. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Some programs round the number.

Think of it as like driving a car. You will never actually ever go EXACTLY 44 miles per hour, but somewhere slightly above or below. As for the cpu, there's a limiter that says it can't go over 4.4 ghz. 

Either way, that's 0.001 ghz variance, or 1 mhz. I doubt it will make much difference.

Woo!

Some programs round the number.

Think of it as like driving a car. You will never actually ever go EXACTLY 44 miles per hour, but somewhere slightly above or below. As for the cpu, there's a limiter that says it can't go over 4.4 ghz. 

Either way, that's 0.001 ghz variance, or 1 mhz. I doubt it will make much difference.

Yeah. Realtemp reports the whole numbers fine. AI Suite III and Firestrike (SystemInfo) do not. They only do when the DRAM frequency goes above 799.9mhz (according to CPUz). I don't know how trustworthy that sensor is.

HWiNFO generally seems trustworthy. Usually shows the whole number instead of the end .99 mhz. Occasionally it does.

How do I find exact DRAM frequency on HWinFO? It says I am running at 800mhz DDR (Thus, 1600mhz), but does it have a real-time reading just to be sure it is running at 800mhz? It also mentions something about the sensors causing performance degradation. What does this mean exactly?

Also, why is 3Dmark Firestrike not giving an accurate Turbo boost? http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4662814

Yeah. Realtemp reports the whole numbers fine. AI Suite III and Firestrike (SystemInfo) do not. They only do when the DRAM frequency goes above 799.9mhz (according to CPUz). I don't know how trustworthy that sensor is.

HWiNFO generally seems trustworthy. Usually shows the whole number instead of the end .99 mhz. Occasionally it does show the latter.

How do I find exact DRAM frequency on HWinFO? It says I am running at 800mhz DDR (Thus, 1600mhz), but does it have a real-time reading just to be sure it is running at 800mhz? It also mentions something about the sensors causing performance degradation. What does this mean exactly?

Also, why is 3Dmark Firestrike not giving an accurate Turbo boost? http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4662814

HWInfo64 shows my ram at 800mhz. CPUz must be wrong, considering I downloaded two different versions of it and the info differed slightly.

If HWInfo is correct, I am turboing up to 4.4ghz as I should AND am at 1600mhz (800mhz DDR). I assume this is more accurate.