Does Netflix support 3:2 aspect ratio for watching on the Chromebook Pixel

Profoundsoup
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

Any example of how large? Also do you think it would be a bad viewing experience?

I drew a 16:9 box on the screen here, above and below that box would be black bars. No, I don't think it would be a bad viewing experience. If you got a 16:9 display it would just be permanently that size, so it's not like you'd be any better off...

169on32.png

You would just have giant black bars on the top and bottom of the video.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

2560x1700 contains 2560x1440 inside it. You'd have no problem, you'd just have some black bars on the top and bottom.

Any example of how large? Also do you think it would be a bad viewing experience?

I drew a 16:9 box on the screen here, above and below that box would be black bars. No, I don't think it would be a bad viewing experience. If you got a 16:9 display it would just be permanently that size, so it's not like you'd be any better off...

169on32.png

169on32.png

Oh so it would look like a widescreen movie. I see....thanks!!! :)

Please don't tell me you're getting the Chromebook Pixel just for Netflix....... Netflix's higher bitrates are only supported on Windows 8 through IE or the App. IIRC, everything else is locked down to a max of 3mbps compared to 5.8mbps in Windows 8. 

Please don't tell me you're getting the Chromebook Pixel just for Netflix....... Netflix's higher bitrates are only supported on Windows 8 through IE or the App. IIRC, everything else is locked down to a max of 3mbps compared to 5.8mbps in Windows 8. 

No I wouldnt be getting one just for netflix, im just checking out how my everyday applications would work. Also what app are you talking about?