KB3022345 failed with 800F0922

Nuluvius

Don't you just simply love it when this kind of thing happens. No explanation, very few resources found online and a sparse unhelpful entry in both event log and windows update log.

KB3022345

Yielding the manual installer which also fails.

Anyone else had/having fun with this update?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Context please

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Context please

I had thought that the 'context' was self evident: Windows Update

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Same here, won't update either from the Windows Update or from the MS download, no explanation given.

Don't you just simply love it when this kind of thing happens. No explanation, very few resources found online and a sparse unhelpful entry in both event log and windows update log.

KB3022345

Yielding the manual installer which also fails.

Anyone else had/having fun with this update?

some of the updates will still show as downloadable but not install able

but yea Microsoft does make silly mistake of pushing non working updates

just ignore it

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

In the interests of collating information we are not alone with this issue see here.

Thank you Nuluvius. A post on that site indicates that it possibly affects UK only. I can assure you that is not the case. I am currently in Vietnam (usually Australia).

I just tested for it in a VM with the latest Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 ISO from MSDN and it's the exact same problem. This is a brand new, clean and unpolluted VM pulling updates. Given this result I'm now inclined not to let my OCD bother me as I'm sure this will be addressed in time by MS.

It's just surprising that their tests haven't picked up on it before it was pushed publicly.

Ah and look here as well, reports of this failure are propagating.

I did a check for updates this morning, KB3022345 no longer appears. Doesn't show in the update history as having succeeded so I suppose it's been pulled.

• 2 weeks later...