gtx 970 at 1080 will NOT cause problems. Stop asking.

Majorllama

How many people do you think will go and dig through this subforum and find this post before posting the same question again?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

When I said super resolutions I meant super textures. And you are right. It does hit it and it does cause that lovely stutter.

Listen, do you work at rockstar?

No?

Then how do you even know that the game is optimized. How do you know that the textures arent big enough, How do you know it may not be a shadow of mordor  type of graphics?

You are just a damn 21 year old speculating from leaks and specuation.

ANd before you believe speculation,

people said we would be at 10ghz processors by now...

Speculations are almost always wrong

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

When I said super resolutions I meant super textures. And you are right. It does hit it and it does cause that lovely stutter.

So. How do you know GTA V doesn't have these super textures and who says GTA V wont get any crazy textures mods like Skyrim does?

You don't. So don't speculate and act like you know it already.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

No?

Then how do you even know that the game is optimized. How do you know that the textures arent big enough, How do you know it may not be a shadow of mordor type of graphics?

Nope. But considering that I've run my own tests on the same games with the same settings and two different cards and gotten wildly different vram usage. Say what you want. But if they are running the game in 4k (30hz) on a 760 then you can bet your ass 1080 isn't going to draw that much vram.

My brothers 270 and my old 770 used very different amounts of vram in metro LL For example. What THIS conversation is about is the 970 and GTA V. I don't have titanfall installed anymore Bit I can go home and give you proof that on a 970 with all maxed in 1080 it barely gets over 3gb of vram

Far cry 4 eats up 3.6 with hbao and everything on ultra already.

In 1080? On a 970? I don't Recall that being the situation. I remember getting about 2.7-3.2 Vram and ~50 fps steady with every maxed. Ill check when I get home from work though... I turned down my AA I think so I coulD keep that game above 60 constantly.

i think you're like 3 months late lmao. jay even made a video about it which will get out to the public more than a thread will

i think you're like 3 months late lmao. jay even made a video about it which will get out to the public more than a thread will

I remember this video. Its what pushed me to getting the 970 in the first place. Haha

Msi gtx 970 sli at 1080p resolutions here. Games do use more then 3.5gb even at that resolutions but thats not a problem. I dont have any fps drops or shutters.
Assassin creed unity 3.7gb vram sometimes 4gb vram.
Watch dogs 3.6gb sometimes 3.7gb vram.
Dying light 3.6gb sometimes 3.7gb vram.
Evolve 3.7gb vram sometimes 3.8gb vram.
Shadow of mordor all the way to 4gb vram.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

Msi gtx 970 sli at 1080p resolutions here. Games do use more then 3.5gb even at that resolutions but thats not a problem. I dont have any fps drops or shutters.

Assassin creed unity 3.7gb vram sometimes 4gb vram.

Watch dogs 3.6gb sometimes 3.7gb vram.

Dying light 3.6gb sometimes 3.7gb vram.

Evolve 3.7gb vram sometimes 3.8gb vram.

Shadow of mordor all the way to 4gb vram.

Are you running dsr or something?? NONE of my games have cracked the 3.5 threshold except mordor with the super textures.

Are you running dsr or something?? NONE of my games have cracked the 3.5 threshold except mordor with the super textures.

No dsr. Just max settings that game has to offer.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

No dsr. Just max settings that game has to offer.

I'm talking to my coworker who also has a 970... and hes also never seen games pulling that much Vram at 1080 (except for the extrem. Mordor textures of course). Idk what you people are running alongside your 970s, but so far even with me TRYING to get it to stutter from the Vram thing its been impossible aside from massive textures mods on skyrim.

I'm talking to my coworker who also has a 970... and hes also never seen games pulling that much Vram at 1080 (except for the extrem. Mordor textures of course). Idk what you people are running alongside your 970s, but so far even with me TRYING to get it to stutter from the Vram thing its been impossible aside from massive textures mods on skyrim.

Tomorrow i can drop few videos with vram usage past 3.5gb if u are interested.

Tomorrow i can drop few videos with vram usage past 3.5gb if u are interested.

As soon as I get home I plan on double checking as well. Cause even crysis 3 Max only hit 3.2 while holding 50 frames

As soon as I get home I plan on double checking as well. Cause even crysis 3 Max only hit 3.2 while holding 50 frames

Hey sales guy, your logic in this thread is wrong, games exceed 3.5gigs @1080p

And we have no idea what GTA V is gonna be like (except story).

For me Crysis 3 only hits 2.2gb vram. at 70-90fps with sli. ;/

Hey sales guy, your logic in this thread is wrong, games exceed 3.5gigs @1080p.

And we have no idea what GTA V is gonna be like (except story).

Idk what you problem is with my sales background or age here... neither have anything to do with this discussion. I personally have never been able to bring a game running maxed out over 3.5gb of Vram. As for GTA V. If you used your head you would be able to see that its virtually impossible that this game will go past 3gb of Vram in 1080. The base that they built the of version from was still designed for 10 year old consoles then improved. So unless they spent the past 2 years doing no optimization whatsoever I simply do not see 3.5gb Vram ever being hit in 1080. Sorry you can't into logic.

I apologize about the spelling or grammar errors. I'm on my phone and at work. Don't have long to type my responses.

Oh I just remembered where I remember you from. You're the guy who is super butthurt over jay2cents slip up calling the 290 a non highend card.

Who says their engine will not work like Shadow of Mordor's engine, which eats all the 3.5GB at 1080p?

If that's the case it will be abundantly clear after launch, at which point everyone affected can make an educated decision on what to do about it. Posting about this stuff is dumb in any case.

The engine that pushes GTA is nothing like the engine that runs things like shadow of mordor. That is already pretty clear.

Oh I just remembered where I remember you from. You're the guy who is super butthurt over jay2cents slip up calling the 290 a non highend card.

*290x

And yeah, I was merely trying to point out how jay considered the high end stuff as low end stuff... Because if a 290x is low end, so is a 980, 970, 290, 780, 780ti

No?

Then how do you even know that the game is optimized. How do you know that the textures arent big enough, How do you know it may not be a shadow of mordor  type of graphics?

I want a 10GHz cpu with 16 cores please. I demand it from you (CoolaxGaming)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) I kid but really would be awesome. probably cost like $2000.

Edit: I'm with CoolaxGaming on this as well. We don't know what GTA V will do for vram at 1080p on a 970. Lets just wait till you actually get it and post screenshots before saying anything.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I will let anyone who cares to know, whether or not it will have problems with GTA V at 5720x1080p in a week or two, when I create my user review thread based upon triple monitor surround gaming with a single 970.

So far, BF Hardline runs fine on high settings. Ultra would be nice, but what can you expect from a purposefully handicapped card? *troll face*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs