Dirt 3 not starting at all...

AcMaiden
Go to solution Solved by AcMaiden,

Ok I was able to fix it with OpenAL but I think they've patched it already. Then I had a black screen with green halo bug when I changed a few settings. Turned out it was because of the QCSAA x8 so I'll just stick with MSAA x8 now. If it happens to you, just delete the Hardwaresettings folder which can be found there C:\Users\your_username\Documents\My Games\DiRT3.Settings will get back to default.

Hey I just bought Dirt 3 Complete Edition which is not anymore Game For Windows Live since today.

I havn't play this game in years so I was excited to play it again but of course, it doesnt work...

When I press play, it just does nothing at all...

Check that you have physX installed

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Hey I just bought Dirt 3 Complete Edition which is not anymore Game For Windows Live since today.

I havn't play this game in years so I was excited to play it again but of course, it doesnt work...

When I press play, it just does nothing at all...

Run Steam(ingpos) in Admin....

Run The DiRT 3 EXE as admin

Launch the game from the on-disk location as admin...

Run with compatability modes...

That's roughly how i got mine to work

Ubisoft has done it again...

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

What windows do you have? Both Dirt 2 and 3 are a pain if you have windows 8 or 8.1

LianLi A71F Fulltower - i7 3770k delided + Corsair H60 - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb @2133 Mhz - Sabertooth Z77 - Asrock Vega 56 - Asus Xonar Essence STX - Creative SoundBlaster Omni - 2x Corsair Force GT 120 Gb - 2x WD Green 2 Tb - 1x WD Blue 2 Tb - Corsair K70 w/ Red switches - Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

I have the same problem and I have windows 8.1 

How is it a pain? and is there a way to get it running?

turn off uac

install all software requirements...physx....directx....net...c+ redistribatables

run as admin

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I got it running. Just install OpenAL.

Thanks got it working!

Ok I was able to fix it with OpenAL but I think they've patched it already. Then I had a black screen with green halo bug when I changed a few settings. Turned out it was because of the QCSAA x8 so I'll just stick with MSAA x8 now. If it happens to you, just delete the Hardwaresettings folder which can be found there C:\Users\your_username\Documents\My Games\DiRT3.Settings will get back to default.