Project Sleipnir

ToroddWold

lookssick... did I read two titan x's right?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

24 pin power cable done :) 

Now all that's left is the sata power cables, 4 pin molex and PCIe power cables... 

Oh yeah looking sweet!

Making and testing the pump mount

The bracket looks a little droopy in the last picture.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Titan Xs was in the mail, I'm sending them back in favour of 3x 980 ti...

dat timing.... :wacko:

nice one, just in time!

I'm also wondering if I should replace my 970 SLI with 1x 980 Ti (or even 980 SLI).

What resolution do you game at?

nice one, just in time!

I'm also wondering if I should replace my 970 SLI with 1x 980 Ti (or even 980 SLI).

What resolution do you game at?

currently running 1440P, but I'm going to get a ultra wide 1440 in the future.

I've been using 2 7970 up until now they've served me well, even at 1440P

• 2 weeks later...

the horse is sick.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Woah....:0

the horse is sick.

So what are you going to do with all that red on the mobo? Subbed btw. Great job!

I don't have anything planned with the red on the mobo, the S-ATA connections should be the only place where you can see it easily when all the GPUs are in place.

if you have any suggestions, pleas come with em' ;)

I don't have anything planned with the red on the mobo, the S-ATA connections should be the only place where you can see it easily when all the GPUs are in place.

if you have any suggestions, pleas come with em' ;)

you could do it linus style xD. Other wise, you could get some carbon fiber wrap kind of stuff, cut it to size, and stick it on top of the sata ports. That would look pretty badass since carbon fiber basically goes with everything.

ASU

you could do it linus style xD. Other wise, you could get some carbon fiber wrap kind of stuff, cut it to size, and stick it on top of the sata ports. That would look pretty badass since carbon fiber basically goes with everything.

I like the wrap idea better than painting it Linus style :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to look into it ;)

seems like EK won't release a 980 ti water block since it's the same as the TITAN X, this is going to drive my OCD crazy... :wacko:
Think I'm going to use nickel & acrylic blocks and nickel plated backplates, should go better with the grey colour scheme.

got something in my mail :o 

CoHzMUI.jpg

I think my mobo is officially full...

TY9t7yL.jpg

I think it is not a good idea to put a intel 750 right beneath your GPU. That GPU will get above 55 degrees, and the intel specs say the SSD doesn't work above 55 degrees. It looks awesome though! 

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/solid-state-drives/ssd-750-spec.html

Crazy Custom Wooden Case Project: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/LN8KHx

I think it is not a good idea to put a intel 750 right beneath your GPU. That GPU will get above 55 degrees, and the intel specs say the SSD doesn't work above 55 degrees. It looks awesome though! 

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/solid-state-drives/ssd-750-spec.html

it will be watercooled so I'm not woried ;)