Why water cool ram

Like seriously who needs to water cool ram

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

…no one.

Is there a question, or some sort of background to this? Because if not, there isn't a whole lot to discuss here.

Things like this

post-188728-0-92244000-1427895698.jpg

post-188728-0-78254800-1427895707.jpg

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

Not required unless you're going to be overclocking it to its boiling point. :P

Sure, some enthusiasts might do it for performance and what not .. but as far as I'm concerned 9 times out of 10 it's just wank factor.

Need help with the RMA/retail side of things? Feel free to send me a PM, always happy to share my industry experience with others.

Like seriously who needs to water cool ram

You may do it if you want to oc your ddr3 ram to like 4000MHz, otherwise theres NO reason. You should be able to run ddr3 ra, without any heatsink actually.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

what's next water cooled exhaust fans? liquid cooled power button? lets slap water on everything lol

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

what's next water cooled exhaust fans? liquid cooled power button? lets slap water on everything lol

Liquid cooled power supplies, and liquid cooled liquid coolers

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Well they do have submerged PC's In mineral oil. I'd just do that instead of spending $1000 on fittings and tubes for your RAM.

Liquid cooled power supplies, and liquid cooled liquid coolers

In liquid coolers for liquid cooling water that needs to be liquid cooled.

OT: the watercooled ram is generally done for looks.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

In liquid coolers for liquid cooling water that needs to be liquid cooled.

OT: the watercooled ram is generally done for looks.

yep, I've heard of literally no one maxing out their ram to 4000mhz anyway as they are cpu/gpu bound anyway

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

The fan motors get really hot you know!

Better overclock my ddr4 to 8000 MEGAHERTZ

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Because reasons.

Seriously though, it serves no practical purpose other than to be something more to throw money at.  Although, it will probably keep your memory cooler than if you taped the money to the dimms.  So really, if you want to put as much money on your ram as possible, this is the most practical method of doing so.

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

epeen? 

It does look pretty baller though.. . 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?