Spray painting my keyboard.

Hi, I want to spray an old membrane keyboard black and white. Does anyone have any tips for doing this? I was planning on removing all the keys and putting painters tape over where they used to be and just using spray paint. Is it a better idea to use plasti dip? I have very little experience spray painting computer parts so any information would help.

Hi, I want to spray an old membrane keyboard black and white. Does anyone have any tips for doing this? I was planning on removing all the keys and putting painters tape over where they used to be and just using spray paint. Is it a better idea to use plasti dip? I have very little experience spray painting computer parts so any information would help.

I would suggest not to use plasti-dip since it's a matter rubber coating it tends to pickup a lot of dirt elppically from your hands. As for the painting process I would disassembly the main shell you would want to paint and then scuff up the surfacing using some >400 grit sandpaper or scotch brite to rough up the surface to promote adhesion. Afterwards applying a primer, or self etching primer which is needed so the top coat will properly adhere. Wait as per the manufacturer's drying time between coats and be sure to let it cure for a few day to a week before using the keyboard.