Question about competitive CS

NeoZeon

Like what league constitutes a professional player. Is playing ESEA invite professional? I keep seeing all these matches but I don't know if they are pro or not, i've been watching alot of Area51.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

typically if there is not a nice prize on the line it's not professional...i know vague but so is what is considered "pro"

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Professional in any esports isn't same than what it is for conventional sports. Like only few that are pros play for living. So in that sense most pros are actually semi-pros and either working or studying on side.

As for tournaments, if the price pool is over 10k, its definitely pro tournament. Area51 is pro team. They have one player that I've heard before.

(Is ESEA having April Fools joke where they ban everyone for gambling fraud or is it just because I use HSS....)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 weeks later...

ESEA Invite is Pro, ESEA Premier is like retired Invite/pre invite players, ESEA Main is also good players, ESEA IM is the run of the muck 11-12RWS player, ESEA Open is just a bunch of ppl wanting to play more comp. CEVO-P is like Invite, CEVO-M is like ESEA Open/IM(no joke lmao) CEVO-IM is like trash. CEVO-Open is like silver 2s.

life();

I'd say once you hit invite level, you're a professional. Before that, you're more of a high semi pro. 

But that's just my take on it. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"