much ado about Logitech g710+ keycaps

nightmarevoid

My apologies for the horrible literary reference. 

To get on point, I've been looking into purchasing a Logitech g710+ mechanical keyboard to replace my raptor k50 rgb keyboard. As cool as the k50 is, I just feel like the keys have become too stiff to comfortably type, and the 18 programmable keys on the left side have never been used; they just take up space. As such, I've looked into mechanical keyboards and even asked for some advice on this forum, and decided that cherry MX browns were the best choice. I really like the look and functionality of the logitech g710+, but I've seen so many reviews complaining of breaking keycaps, and this brings me to my main point:

Would it be possible to completely replace the keycaps on the logitech g710+ with ones that won't break, but will still show the backlight?

I've never bought replacement keycaps before, but whatever that entails must be better than dealing with logitech's customer service on this keyboard. If anyone out there has done this or can tell me where to get the keycaps, it would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch for the help!

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

SNIP

I have had the G710+ since launch day, and my friend has had one a few months, not had a single key cap break yet, one of them has a slight crack in the mount but ive not had a key cap fall of 

Yes you can replace the caps, there are tons of options for caps out there, many will let the backlight through too

Logitech customer service is generally amazing in my experience though if you do go down that route

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have my G710+ for more than a year now and even after using it extensively every day, I have not experienced any key-caps breaking; in fact this is the first time I even here that such an issue exists. My recommendation would be to go and buy this keyboard, because it is awesome and if in the future some key-caps do break, which I highly doubt by the way, you can always buy new ones and they will work fine. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I believe you can get a Max keyboard kit and replace them. I thinks MAX or maybe MX? I forget anyway it a company who makes keycard and sells then in complete packs.

I think the quality of the caps maybe an issue with a particular batch but that is just my speculation, it was also at some point suggested that the rings were the problem not letting them flex enough. But really who knows, I haven't seen much in recent times about the problem though. If you look at the forums they are all from awhile ago.

I have had mine for 7 months so far and no sign of wear.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT?