Low PPD on R9 270

Guest SkyFall

Hey guys,

I'm currently experiencing low PPDs on my second folding rig (Athlon 860K, R9 270)...

The Athlon doesn't seem to get trough the "normal" WUs, so I use the NACL for CPU-folding.

But the strangest is that my GPU outputs about 13k PPD and takes more than 12 hours to complete one WU.

ATM the GPU is working on project 9201 and has an 0x17 WU.

Do you guys have any suggestions to get the PPDs I had before (~60-100k)?

Thanks for your answers.

Sincerly,

SkyFall

Edited by SkyFall

Check how much the WU is actually giving you in the log, the estimate is sometimes a bit off

Also, if you've stopped folding during that WU, your estimate will be a lot lower

EDIT: Also what @Mentalguy said, but if I'm honest, I've never had any issues with Chrome folding + GPU folding :/ (I'm doing it right now)

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

the gpu needs some cpu power to fold properly, keep a couple cores free.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Check how much the WU is actually giving you in the log, the estimate is sometimes a bit off

Also, if you've stopped folding during that WU, your estimate will be a lot lower

the gpu needs some cpu power to fold properly, keep a couple cores free.

Attached to log, I hope that you can find something interesting down there.... Thanks!

I even have the problems when I run CPU-Folding via the desktop client and only allocated 2 cores, so I guess that free cores doesn't impact in this situation...

log.txt

Attached to log, I hope that you can find something interesting down there.... Thanks!

I even have the problems when I run CPU-Folding via the desktop client and only allocated 2 cores, so I guess that free cores doesn't impact in this situation...

I'm no expert, but I think the GPU stopped folding at 14:37:48, and it doesn't give a reason, did your drivers crash?

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

I'm no expert, but I think the GPU stopped folding at 14:37:48, and it doesn't give a reason, did your drivers crash?

Hm... FAHClient still counts percents...

Windows logged a GPU-Error at 16:39, I try to get more details on that...

Hm... FAHClient still counts percents...

Windows logged a GPU-Error at 16:39, I try to get more details on that...

The actual progress bar keeps going but it doesn't actually do anything if the drivers crash, I know it's annoying

The actual progress bar keeps going but it doesn't actually do anything if the drivers crash, I know it's annoying

Yes.

I saw that the AMD driver failed at 16:39, but I saw nothing at 14:37....

I'll look tomorrow if something changed...

Thanks for your help so far!

Yes.

I saw that the AMD driver failed at 16:39, but I saw nothing at 14:37....

I'll look tomorrow if something changed...

Thanks for your help so far!

The folding log is in UTC, which is a universal time, and you're in GMT+1, right? I'm thinking that time zones created the "two hour gap"

The folding log is in UTC, which is a universal time, and you're in GMT+1, right? I'm thinking that time zones created the "two hour gap"

LOL, yes it's that, since the clocks switched to GMT+2 last night.... *facepalm*

I'll try to reinstall the drivers, thanks dude!

im running a rig at home:

CPU Q6600

GPU 270x

I found with the cpu folding as well (not matter how little) the gpu would suffer, soo IMO u should delete the CPU from folding altogether.

In the end the cpu isnt very good at folding compared to the gpu

Also if you think drivers have crashed, typically a reboot will help get things restarted.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Also if you think drivers have crashed, typically a reboot will help get things restarted.

im running a rig at home:

CPU Q6600

GPU 270x

I found with the cpu folding as well (not matter how little) the gpu would suffer, soo IMO u should delete the CPU from folding altogether.

In the end the cpu isnt very good at folding compared to the gpu

Restarting solved the problem, let's see how long it takes until the driver crashes again.

I also now stopped the CPU from folding, since I only got about 5000 PPD with it....