Xfx xtr vs evga supernova nex650g

BabaDaMonkey

Which one is better? My build is a i5-4690k with a gtx 970 gonna do some overclocking

Which one is better? My build is a i5-4690k with a gtx 970 gonna do some overclocking

The XTR is better than the Supernova 650 G1. If it's the Supernova G2 then it's a close call but i'd go with the G2.

The XFX XTR and PRO gold rated PSU's are made by Seasonic and the Supernova B2 and G2 are from Superflower so both are high quality but from what i recall the B1 and G1 are pretty mediocre units.

Always click follow on your posts btw otherwise you will only get notifications if someone quotes your post.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

i think evga'a supernova nex650g has a slightly higher efficiency but the xfx's xtr has a fanless mode at idle. either would be great but if you care more about noise and silence, i would go with the xtr but if it doesn't matter to you so much, then i would go with the nex650g

The XTR is a Seasonic G unit internally with a FDB fan, full modularity, and semi passive mode. It's a better build / better performing electrically unit than the NEX650G / Supernova 650 G1 that is based on the budget FSP Aurum platform.

Go for the XTR.