212 EVO AND NZXT PHANTOM 240 FIT?

donsleeq

i realy want to buy the nzxt phantom 240 and also the 212 evo cooler but i think it wouldnt fit in.. has anyone been able to tif it in? its just a 0.2mm extra

It doesn't fit really. It will press against the clear window, and that will push on the processor and motherboard. I'll be returning the cooler and picking something not so massive...

PLEASE NOTE THE DIMENSIONS ARE WRONG THOUGH!!! It is <8" wide and can only accommodate a CPU cooler <158mm so the Hyper EVO 212 will not work in this case

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

No. Look into another case, or look for a shorter aftermarket CPU cooler.

I've built a system with both parts and the cooler touched the window. There were no other issues and the panel closed fine though.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I've built a system with both parts and the cooler touched the window. There were no other issues and the panel closed fine though.

Was the cooler pressing against the side panel, or lightly touching it?

Was the cooler pressing against the side panel, or lightly touching it?

Something in between.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.