Budget - Mid Range AMD based build

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gzpbTW
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gzpbTW/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($49.99 @ Micro Center) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($28.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $158.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gZKkjX
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gZKkjX/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($103.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($45.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $149.97

Sit the fuck down.

Well to start, you put a cooler with the Pentium build which will put up the price and you put a higher chipset motherboard which as more features on the Pentium build. The i3 with the lowest end chipset available for this socket will have a cheaper price and you didnt include the cooler also.

Sit the fuck down.

My PC Specs

Spoiler

CPU ¦ Intel Core i5 4690k @4.3GHz, Motherboard ¦ ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VII, RAM ¦ 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Value DDR3, Case ¦ Corsair SPEC-02, PSU ¦ Corsair CX600, Storage ¦ Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 7200RPM, Mouse ¦ Corsair Sabre RGB Optical Gaming Mouse, Keyboard ¦ Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Cherry MX Blue, Headset ¦ Astro A40 2014 with Mixamp Pro, Microphone ¦ Blue Snowball iCE.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gzpbTW
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gzpbTW/by_merchant/

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($28.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Micro Center) 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gZKkjX
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gZKkjX/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($103.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($45.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $149.97

Sit the fuck down.

so the pentium build has an aftermarket cooler and a z97 chipset to make it more expensive and the i3 has a low end socket without a cooler.. 

also i am sat down... them standing desks seem painful and much effort.. Banter.

Spoiler

CPU | Intel Core i7 4790k @4.0ghz   

Cooler | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO  

Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition   

RAM | Kingston Hyperx Blu 8gb (2x4gb) @ 1600mhz   

GPU | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Classified 3072MB   

Case | Corsair Carbide Air 540 Cube Case (White)   

Storage | 1x Corsair Force LX 256GB SSD & 1x Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 1TB HDD   

PSU | Corsair RM1000 1000W PSU 

Spoiler

Mouse | Razer Deathadder 2013 6400dpi  

Keyboard | Corsair K95 RGB Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX Red Switches  

Headset | Sennheiser hd558 Headphones

Well to start, you put a cooler with the Pentium build which will put up the price and you put a higher chipset motherboard which as more features on the Pentium build. The i3 with the lowest end chipset available for this socket will have a cheaper price and you didnt include the cooler also.

Sit the fuck down.

1. To reach high overclocks with a Pentium you need a Z series motherboard

2. You're going to overclock to 4.7/4.8 with a fucking stock cooler?

3. It comes with a stock cooler

Lol nubz

I just altered the links you gave and put the z97 mobo with the i3 and added a 212 EVO, to make it fair.

i3 build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m9vRYJ

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.2GHz Dual Core Processor ($103.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $212.95

There you go

My PC Specs

Spoiler

CPU ¦ Intel Core i5 4690k @4.3GHz, Motherboard ¦ ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VII, RAM ¦ 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Value DDR3, Case ¦ Corsair SPEC-02, PSU ¦ Corsair CX600, Storage ¦ Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 7200RPM, Mouse ¦ Corsair Sabre RGB Optical Gaming Mouse, Keyboard ¦ Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Cherry MX Blue, Headset ¦ Astro A40 2014 with Mixamp Pro, Microphone ¦ Blue Snowball iCE.

1. To reach high overclocks with a Pentium you need a Z series motherboard

2. You're going to overclock to 4.7/4.8 with a fucking stock cooler?

3. It comes with a stock cooler

Lol nubz

You don't need a Z series motherboard to overclock to a high Ghz, such as 4.3ghz like that video from earlier, also there was nothing mentioned of a stock cooler because i did say "aftermarket cooler" which implys that i did not mean the stock cooler...

Spoiler

Spoiler

SNIP

Your stupidity hurts me.

So to see how 2 970s performs compared to 1 980 for the price, would you add another 980 to make it fair? Good job!

The i3 doesn't need a cooler and the Pentium needs a higher end motherboard to overclock.

The i3 doesn't need a cooler and the Pentium needs a higher end motherboard to overclock.

The i3 will need a cooler as I know someone with a i3 4150 and his i3 gets so warm when gaming it is stupid.

Also I know someone else who is overclocking his Pentium g3258 on a B85M chipset to a high amount, something like 4.3 or 4.4, but due to him having a bad cooler he doesnt want to go higher.

My PC Specs

Spoiler

Your stupidity hurts me.

So to see how 2 970s performs compared to 1 980 for the price, would you add another 980 to make it fair? Good job!

no because if you want to properly compare a CPU then usually people would use the same cooler and (if possible) the same motherboard and in this case, that's possible because they are both 1150 socket... also the GPU statement isn't really a good thing to say about comparing CPUs

Spoiler

Spoiler

The i3 will need a cooler as I know someone with a i3 4150 and his i3 gets so warm when gaming it is stupid.

Also I know someone else who is overclocking his Pentium g3258 on a B85M chipset to a high amount, something like 4.3 or 4.4, but due to him having a bad cooler he doesnt want to go higher.

Going above 4.4Ghz on a motherboard not originally designed for overclocking is a bad bad idea.

i3s do NOT get hot while gaming.

Well I think my friends PC with a i3 4150 will disagree with you there my friend. I think he cooked a piece of bacon on it once (banter).

My PC Specs

Spoiler

no because if you want to properly compare a CPU then usually people would use the same cooler and (if possible) the same motherboard and in this case, that's possible because they are both 1150 socket... also the GPU statement isn't really a good thing to say about comparing CPUs

That doesn't even make sense..

The i3 is better than an overclocked pentium.

An i3 and all the equipment neccesary to run it and have better performance, is cheaper than the equipment to overclock a pentium with.

Going above 4.4Ghz on a motherboard not originally designed for overclocking is a bad bad idea.

Anything get's hot whilst gaming, someone i know with an i3 4150 because that gets really hot... also someone else i know has a b85m chipset and he got his pentium up to 4.3ghz with not problems... 

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/55634206.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well I think my friends PC with a i3 4150 will disagree with you there my friend. I think he cooked a piece of bacon on it once (banter).

WOW ONE PERSON DISAGREES.

Ask anyone on this forum and they will agree with me.

Why would they produce a CPU that performs too hot with a stock cooler?

It isn't even overclockable!

You wanted another video of a Pentium that isnt on Battlefield 4, here you go.

My PC Specs

Spoiler

Anything get's hot whilst gaming, someone i know with an i3 4150 because that gets really hot... also someone else i know has a b85m chipset and he got his pentium up to 4.3ghz with not problems... 

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/55634206.jpg

To get worthwhile performance close to an i3 you need to hit 4.6Ghz or 4.8Ghz.

You guys are really hurting my head.

WOW ONE PERSON DISAGREES.

Ask anyone on this forum and they will agree with me.

Why would they produce a CPU that performs too hot with a stock cooler?

It isn't even overclockable!

yeah but the guy who made this post (that's now filled with banter!) said he will get a good liquid cooler for overclocking! so that means that the cooler is already considered and the pentium would save money and be overclockable, to a high ghz because ans you said you would need a good cooler to overclock the pentium...

Spoiler

Spoiler

To get worthwhile performance close to an i3 you need to hit 4.6Ghz or 4.8Ghz.

You guys are really hurting my head.

This is what i mean because the guy who made this is getting a good liquid cooler...

Spoiler

Spoiler

metro-fr.png

this whole time the i3 4150 was the i3 that was being used, but as you have now changed that for the i3 4330, that means that the price would be higher and the pentium would be an even better because it is more expensive and almost 2x the price of the pentium and get's a tiny bit less fps when overclocked...

Spoiler

Spoiler

But I am trying to show him there is no reason for it..

I know, I know, just pointing something out. Also, I3 will probably be a better decision over the anniversary Pentium. 

this whole time the i3 4150 was the i3 that was being used, but as you have now changed that for the i3 4330, that means that the price would be higher and the pentium would be an even better because it is more expensive and almost 2x the price of the pentium and get's a tiny bit less fps when overclocked...

Only one I could find.

You can't use price as an advantage as I showed the Pentium solution as being more expensive.