Surround setup, thin bezel really necessary?

So I was looking around for a new monitor, and sometime soon, I'd like to make a surround setup as I'll be playing the ever-loving hell out of Star Citizen when it's out in Alpha/beta soon.

I REALLY like the Benq XL2420G (1080p, 144Hz, G Sync, TN [but crazy good for a TN, Linus did a review here])

I've also had the chance to see this monitor in person in use before, and it was great. Going from a 19" Asus VE198T will be a big jump haha.

So for surround I originally wanted to go ROG Swift's, but thanks to Linus' review with them on the Obutto, that machine would have to be pretty beefy with loads of VRAM, and I don't want to throw up the money for a Titan or something with more than 4GB (especially since the 980's are only 4). The Benq doesn't have thin bezels but I don't really think it'd bother me that much really. Hell, Barnacules uses 3 46" TVs and those things don't have small bezels in the slightest, but at that size screen I don't think it really matters to much.

Thoughts on thin bezels being necessary? Thanks guys.

Mainframe:// SIVA

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
  • RAM G.Skill Trident Z Royal (Silver) 3600Mhz 16Gb
  • GPU MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G
  • Case Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic Razer Edition
  • Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500GB / 1x WD Black 3TB
  • PSU EVGA Supernova 1000x
  • Cooling Corsair H150i Pro
  • Displays Acer Predator x34 Ultrawide, LG 2558UM-P
  • Audio Schitt Audio Asgard 2 AMP, Bifrost Multibit DAC, Sennheiser HD600, Scarlett Focusrite 2i2, Audio Technica AT2035
  • Peripherals Corsair K70 LUX, Logitech G502 Spectrum, Razer Orbweaver, Thrustmaster T16000m x2 HOTAS
  • Extra Stuff Clutch Chairs Gear Series Elgato HD60 Pro, Elgato Streamdeck, Logitech c920 Webcam, Custom Built acoustic altering backboard.

Thin bezels are not necessary, they just look so much better.

Take into account, when using 3 of the same monitor in surround, you have 2x the amount of bezel between the monitors than on the side of a single monitor.

Just turn down the AA and you should be fine with 4GB of VRAM.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I figured I could just hide part of the bezel behind another a bit maybe? In theory it should work haha.

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Audio Schitt Audio Asgard 2 AMP, Bifrost Multibit DAC, Sennheiser HD600, Scarlett Focusrite 2i2, Audio Technica AT2035
  • Peripherals Corsair K70 LUX, Logitech G502 Spectrum, Razer Orbweaver, Thrustmaster T16000m x2 HOTAS
  • Extra Stuff Clutch Chairs Gear Series Elgato HD60 Pro, Elgato Streamdeck, Logitech c920 Webcam, Custom Built acoustic altering backboard.

I figured I could just hide part of the bezel behind another a bit maybe? In theory it should work haha.

It'll probably look a bit odd.

They're not needed, just aesthetically preferred.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

thin bezels are much better as 2 thick bezels next to each other really destroy the immersion. Dell do som3 ultra thin bezel monitors at a great price.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

I'm skeptical of Dell products, as a lot of them have failed me in the past. Only one still in use by me is the family machine I gave my mother, PC I built but the monitor is an old Dell that came with our older XPS machine, and that monitor works great.

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x