AMD's "Mantle 1.0" is now dead

monopolyman

In a recent AMD blog post, Raja Koduri broke the news that the Mantle we've gotten to know is going to die. This doesn't mean mantle inspried projects will die, nor does it mean they will cease support for pre-existing and planned Mantle games. It does, however, mean that Mantle will no longer be an API option for developers and they will have to choose an alternative such as DirectX or OpenGL. Fortunately, they will be unveiling a public Mantle SDK this Thursday at GDC. 

Key points taken from the blog:

1. AMD will continue to support our trusted partners that have committed to Mantle in future projects, like Battlefield™ Hardline, with all the resources at our disposal.
  2. Mantle’s definition of “open” must widen. It already has, in fact. This vital effort has replaced our intention to release a public Mantle SDK, and you will learn the facts on Thursday, March 5 at GDC 2015.
  3. Mantle must take on new capabilities and evolve beyond mastery of the draw call. It will continue to serve AMD as a graphics innovation platform available to select partners with custom needs.
  4. The Mantle SDK also remains available to partners who register in this co-development and evaluation program. However, if you are a developer interested in Mantle "1.0" functionality, we suggest that you focus your attention on DirectX® 12 or GLnext.

Source: http://community.amd.com/community/amd-blogs/amd-gaming/blog/2015/03/02/on-apis-and-the-future-of-mantle

well i guess it got what it wanted accomplished dx 12 will have low level APIs

LG 34" 21:9 1440p

1080ti EVGA FTW3

i7 8700k @ 5GHz 1.3V Delidded

As expected. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx