Stay or Go?

Jumaqidi

Sad because you don't like aluminum, or sad because you didn't buy it? xD

Didn't buy it :( I got the blackwidow 2014.

Didn't buy it :( I got the blackwidow 2014.

That's the model I tried out last night. It's definitely more modern and I actually felt that it was easier to type on.

The K70 matched my build of; military, metal and functional. The aesthetics appealed to me because of it's old-schooliness and I willingly bought the non-RBG red LED model knowing full well it would be 'obsolete' within the week. I must have missed the hype train to RGBville.

That's the model I tried out last night. It's definitely more modern and I actually felt that it was easier to type on.

The K70 matched my build of; military, metal and functional. The aesthetics appealed to me because of it's old-schooliness and I willingly bought the non-RBG red LED model knowing full well it would be 'obsolete' within the week. I must have missed the hype train to RGBville.

Ah fair enough.

I've went mixed. I've got a Razer Mouse, Razer Keyboard, Steelseries Mouse mat, Sennhesier headset which is cream coloured and going for a red build inside my computer.

Are blue switches esp the blackwidow ultimate 2013 very noisy? I am using a membrane keyboard which obviously is quite silent and i am afraid the noise might drive me crazy.

I would just keep what you have my friend has a corsair k95 rgb and some of the LEDs don't light up the correct color and I don't really think the cherry browns feel that much better than something like a coolermaster devastator I prefer something more tactile like cherry blues.

It seems corsair rly have problems with led failure hmm. Does the bwu 2013 have this problem? are the blue switches noisy? is it manageable for a membrane keyboard user?

I would just keep what you have my friend has a corsair k95 rgb and some of the LEDs don't light up the correct color and I don't really think the cherry browns feel that much better than something like a coolermaster devastator I prefer something more tactile like cherry blues.

OP is choosing between razer and corsair here though, so coolermaster is not in the mix. also he has agreed to go with k70s over the k95s because he doesn't need the extra macros. so if you have experience with the k70, as I don't, you can let him know about the likelihood of LED failure etc. also, cherry MX switches are entirely personal preference, but because he chooses to game and type I reckon brown would be his best bet cause as saya_kucing said, the reds are prone to typos etc. and the blues aren't the most ideal for gaming so I'd say go with browns they are more flexible in OP's situation.

Ah fair enough.

I've went mixed. I've got a Razer Mouse, Razer Keyboard, Steelseries Mouse mat, Sennhesier headset which is cream coloured and going for a red build inside my computer.

if youre going for a red build and want to match with peripheral colours, I'm aware that the hyper X cloud 1/2 headset comes in red (and this isn't just solely for the colour, these headsets are some of the best quality on the market right now).

OP is choosing between razer and corsair here though, so coolermaster is not in the mix. also he has agreed to go with k70s over the k95s because he doesn't need the extra macros. so if you have experience with the k70, as I don't, you can let him know about the likelihood of LED failure etc. also, cherry MX switches are entirely personal preference, but because he chooses to game and type I reckon brown would be his best bet cause as saya_kucing said, the reds are prone to typos etc. and the blues aren't the most ideal for gaming so I'd say go with browns they are more flexible in OP's situation.

i can go with either the k70 and k95 since having macro keys dont rly hurt right? :x So i shld buy the brown switches kb? I tot red was also quite good for typing...

i can go with either the k70 and k95 since having macro keys dont rly hurt right? :x So i shld buy the brown switches kb? I tot red was also quite good for typing...

it's personal preference tbh. if you can type well without accidently hitting the wrong keys using the red, then go for it. people say the red is the best one for gaming but that's totally debatable, the feel is different for every person. but what is true is that reds have a higher chance to accidently hit the wrong key than brown or blue, but that doesn't mean that you can't type perfectly with the red once you get used to it.

well since youre doubting the k95's LED performance and stability, go with the k70. but with every product, there are those who use something with no problems for months and there are those who use the same product for weeks and they experience a problem so you can't judge things based on that unless the company itself has a bad reputation for producing quality controlled products with consistency. and I don't think corsair is one of those companies.

I just went to try the bwu 2014 and bwu stealth 2014 the ones with razer's "own" switches. I prefered the blue like switches. Shld i get the bwu 2013? (yes 2013 not 2014) i can get it for arnd 73 usd while the k70 would cost me arnd 110 usd

if youre going for a red build and want to match with peripheral colours, I'm aware that the hyper X cloud 1/2 headset comes in red (and this isn't just solely for the colour, these headsets are some of the best quality on the market right now).

Nothing will beat my HD 598's I can't even feel them on my head, they are so light but very nice to listen to.

It's all about personal preference. I might get the hyper-x But not at the moment I have no intention to upgrade based on colour. 

Is the bwu 2013 good? With comparison to the k95 or k70? What I am afraid is the led failing on me if i get the corsair k keyboards...

if you have experience with the k70, as I don't, you can let him know about the likelihood of LED failure etc.

LED failure is a non-issue, unless you abuse your keyboard. A lot of people give lip about the k70 being notorious for that, but it's a #bendgate scanario, where the amount of actual reported issues is exaggerated - and, like Apple, corsair offer a hefty warranty of 2 years.

So i shld buy the brown switches kb? I tot red was also quite good for typing...

Reds are good for clean typists, but making the change from other boards you'll find yourself bottoming out often. (When you exert too much force on the caps to collide with the board.)

Unfortunately, most people aren't clean typists - especially when they make the change to reds, it can leave you hitting all sorts of keys, feeling frustrated and regretting your investment.

I chose reds on the k70 because I was under false impressions about my own typing, coming from heavy rubber-domes to light-as-a-feather reds, I still bottom out most strokes.

You should be able to get a test board with all manner of MX colours on it, so you'll be able to test them and see which one you prefer yourself. These test-boards run around $20, and can be sold on or loaned to a friend.

Solutions are available in my case, I've ordered some rubber loops that will stop me from bottoming out, therefor reducing keyboard noise.

Going with reds has been a steep learning curve, and I feel as if I'm able to type faster - albeit at a lower accuracy. Gaming on reds is great, however browns will offer a similar experience with a heavier actuation - meaning less typos with still the same click-less input.

So far I can buy the bwu 2013 for arnd 70 usd which is totally a steal for sure. Another keyboard I am considering is the k70 NON RGB but it is priced at 110 usd... 

its doesnt matter that the k70 isnt rgb i would still go with that.. get the k70 in other words