Apple Watch event announced for March 9th

Overl0rd

post-621-0-89557400-1424971345.jpg

"Apple has just announced its highly anticipated Apple Watch event; it's happening on March 9th. The company today invited media to a gathering taking place at San Francisco's Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. It's here we're expecting to hear final pricing and availability details on the company's first wearable, and it's also a safe bet we'll get another demonstration of its features. The event's tagline is "Spring forward," an obvious reference to time — and a watch."

"We know that the Apple Watch will start at $350 for the aluminum Sport model, but the company has remained silent on pricing details around both the regular version and its ultra-luxurious Apple Watch Edition. CEO Tim Cook previously revealed that the device will ship at some point in April. The Apple Watch represents Apple's first landmark product introduction since Steve Jobs unveiled the original iPad in 2010"

"This event will take place at the ,the same location the reveal of the iPhone 5 was held. This is a different location from the Apple Event we were in attendance at last."

SOURCE: http://www.macrumors.com/2015/02/26/apple-event-march-9/

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/26/8115325/apple-watch-event-march-9

http://www.slashgear.com/apple-event-march-9th-confirmed-apple-watch-incoming-26370638/

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

VERY EXCITE

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

meh. I'm not sold on the whole smart watch thing really. I never really get notifications anyway #foreveralone. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I'm looking forward to this. Apple has ordered, what, 5 million watches? Thats a bold move to make for any company, but they clearly know it'll sell like gangbusters. 

Am I the only one around here who is looking forward to iOS 8.2 instead?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Am I the only one around here who is looking forward to iOS 8.2 instead?

I'm waiting for Apple Pay to launch in Canada, which seems to jive with its "March release" rumours and now this event. I think we'll get a little bit of everything. Software and hardware for all. 

as always apple will shake up the market,get a big market chunk, become the standard when people talk about "smart watches"

http://i.imgur.com/orGbC0T.jpg

then a major player like google is going to drop a value option and then this fad will die off.

as always apple will shake up the market,get a big market chunk, become the standard when people talk about "smart watches"

http://i.imgur.com/orGbC0T.jpg

then a major player like google is going to drop a value option and then this fad will die off.

Google already has a value option, and the market responded by not even buying a million Android Wear devices total. The market isn't going anywhere after Apple launches their version. 

I'm looking forward to this. Apple has ordered, what, 5 million watches? Thats a bold move to make for any company, but they clearly know it'll sell like gangbusters. 

the thing will sell for sure, what i'm more interested is if people will keep using them 6 months after purchase, that's when you know it flopped or not

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Hmmm, Apple watch to go with my new iPhone 6 plus.....

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

the thing will sell for sure, what i'm more interested is if people will keep using them 6 months after purchase, that's when you know it flopped or not

If it works as a watch first, I think I'd keep using it. All the gimmicks are just gimmicks if it fails at being a good watch. 

Stainless black with the loop leather strap. Thats what I'd go for. 

I'm guessing the Macbook Air refresh will also be announced at this event?

I'm guessing the Macbook Air refresh will also be announced at this event?

That and the RetinaAir or just the RetinaAir to replace everything, plus rumoured but entirely unconfirmed reports that Broadwell+Maxwell will get shoved into the current retina Macbook Pros.