Audio-Technica ATH-Pro500MK2

DanTheMuffinMan

Hey guys,  I was in the market for a new pair of over-ear headphones when I saw these come up on Mass Drop. I'm no audiophile or anything, but I know Audio-Technica are well regarded in general. How are these headphones? They would be used for general use, listening to music while in public, that sort of thing, probably use them for gaming as well once I move in with my roommate.

They're $85 CAD on Mass Drop, which struck me as a pretty good price, but you guys are the experts. I'm looking for a comfy over-ear headphone that doesn't let in outside noise excessively. They worth it at that price?

Thanks in advance.

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

85CAD for these would be slightly way cheaper than its local cost in brick and mortar shops here...

I've tried them in shops and the first thing that I noticed was how the bass was boomy without losing too much clarity or mucking up the lower mids...

Build quality is ok and the earpads are comfortable enough with decent isolation...

85CAD for these would be slightly way cheaper than its local cost in brick and mortar shops here...

I've tried them in shops and the first thing that I noticed was how the bass was boomy without losing too much clarity or mucking up the lower mids...

Build quality is ok and the earpads are comfortable enough with decent isolation...

They are also listed as DJ headphones like said on the website OP posted so they will be probably more bassy. Idk about the comfort since they are DJ headphones and since DJ headphones are designed for more sound isolation, im not sure how tight they will be but your mileage may vary depending on how long you wear your headphones for 1 period of time and how big of a head you have compared to the average person. But, those headphones seem appealing to me since.

Hmm, wish I lived in a big city with a store that might actually carry them so I could give them a try...

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

They are also listed as DJ headphones like said on the website OP posted so they will be probably more bassy. Idk about the comfort since they are DJ headphones and since DJ headphones are designed for more sound isolation, im not sure how tight they will be but your mileage may vary depending on how long you wear your headphones for 1 period of time and how big of a head you have compared to the average person. But, those headphones seem appealing to me since.

I have larger than average ears and wear glasses... But yeah, they are DJ headphones....

My 'test playlist' covered classical, metal, rock, pop, and techno so that should say something about these cans...

Well I decided to go for it, I'll report back on both Mass Drop and the headphones themselves.

Massdrop is a bit slow at getting the stuff to you so you're gonna have to be patient.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop