Sleeks Humvee Build

ELSknutson

So I realy liked the Asus Humvee that was built Here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/265584-sabranco-humvee-video-from-ces-added/'

S0 I decided to build my own.

I went ahead and purchased

$_12.JPG

Its not the same as the one in the build, But that one is going for around $200 and I got mine for less then $100 with shipping.

The one used in the picture is actualy a bit wider so when I got it in I reolised that im not going to be able to use the Asus Maximus formula board I origionaly got for this project.

So im going to go with an asus Z97 inpact instead.

Im also not vary skilled at medal fab so I purchased a silverstone SST-ML07B case to modify to fit in the back and for the power plug and HDD caddys

$_12.JPG?set_id=880000500F

I also went ahead and purchased an airbrush to paint the vehicle the color I want which is going to be almost a blood Red to go with The ROG theam

220px-Hummer_H1.jpg

I am going to kinda wait to get the case all mocked up inside the Truck before I purchase any parts so stay tuned.

Those wheels look a bit odd haha, looks fun though!

Wish I could do this.

ya the humvee's 's roof is tall so it throughs off whole look to the Truck, Im going to have to chop about 1/4" out of the windows.

also if i build it right you should be able to follow my build prosedures to build your own if you so choose

or just buy the one I make.

ya the humvee's 's roof is tall so it throughs off whole look to the Truck, Im going to have to chop about 1/4" out of the windows.

also if i build it right you should be able to follow my build prosedures to build your own if you so choose

or just buy the one I make.

How big is that thing anyway? As large as the case?

blackshades on

How big is that thing anyway? As large as the case?

It's big 1/6 scale but it's not all usable space 

an I/O shield fits between the wheel wells and I can put a full atx motherboard in the back long ways

sorry its turned LTT doesnt have a way to turn photos (hint hint!!)

post-112513-0-76655200-1423250569_thumb.

It's big 1/6 scale but it's not all usable space 

an I/O shield fits between the wheel wells and I can put a full atx motherboard in the back long ways

Looks a lot better without the top part. That's a decent size, make sure you log everything!

blackshades on

If they're done right, they can look really good, but most of the time they look like crap IMO.

if it looks like crap ill just scrap the build.

Update pics today was disassembly day
I got the silver stone case in today and almost didn't have the heart to cut it up but well

post-112513-0-37844500-1422587162_thumb.

post-112513-0-81200200-1422587192_thumb.

post-112513-0-30192200-1422587218_thumb.

post-112513-0-28178600-1423250632_thumb.

WOOOOT Painting day 

I got my asus maximus inpact in the mail yesteday and now I get a look on the future of this build and it looks good 

Tonight Im going to modify the front window and Pain the main body of the vehicle and potentially the upper portion and wheel hubs 

the color is going to be with a little bit of black added to tone down the red a bit. 

AAC4309-QT.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the parts are on order for this build 

this one was a bit more then I Intended But I havent lost hope that Ill get it done

I have the truck tore down and have taken to a Dremel to modify dome of the parts so that they fit properly. Initially I thought that the window looked stupid on the truck since then I purchased some black acrylic to replace the clear windows also im in the process of taking about an inch out of the window, which means that i also need to take an inch out of the rest of the top piece.

( blaaa burnt plastic stinks)

I just ordered 16 GB of Hyperx Savage DDR3 in red to go with 

the Asus Masimus z97 Impact that I purchased. 

I need to do some test fits for the graphics card location and also decide what type of storage I'm going to use.  I'm thinking about going with 2  2.5"  Drives 1 HDD and 1 SSD.

I think i'm going to keep this on a budget also and go with an i5 4690K, and a GTX 970, also I am  going to Add an Air cooler to the CPU Like a Coolermaster V8 if I can find one.Wait I found one for 84 on amizon (sold !) all the others I seen were 130.00 

• 1 month later...