Mechanical Keyboard

rdeng2614

I am in the market for a mechanical keyboard, preferably MX Browns or something similar to that.

I was looking at the Corsair K70 Non-RGB as I am not going to use RGB lighting, Corsair Quickfire Ultimate, and the Ducky Shine 4.

Ducky Shine 4 is going to be released in about a month, should I wait for it if I don't use RGB that much? Is it worth the extra price tag?

Any other good mechanical keyboards out there? Keep in mind that I will probably not use RGB lighting.

I have a budget around 140-150$ ish, but definitely not higher than that.

I am in the market for a mechanical keyboard, preferably MX Browns or something similar to that.

I was looking at the Corsair K70 Non-RGB as I am not going to use RGB lighting, Corsair Quickfire Ultimate, and the Ducky Shine 4.

Ducky Shine 4 is going to be released in about a month, should I wait for it if I don't use RGB that much? Is it worth the extra price tag?

Any other good mechanical keyboards out there? Keep in mind that I will probably not use RGB lighting.

g710+. Regularly goes on sale for $100.

@rdeng2614

I have a special edition ducky shine 3, and i thoroughly recommend it with brown switches, the functions of a ducky keyboard are limited to physical functions (no software to do fancy stuff)

BUT the ducky keyboards are extremely well built and feel great!

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

Dont go with rgb browns. I have a rgb k70 with brown switches and many of the keys are inconsistent. Some of them even feel like membrane switches, i admit high end membrane but some are just icky.

i5 4670k / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 / Asus Maximus vi hero lga 1150 mobo / Sapphire tri-x r9 290 OC edition / corsair vengeance pro red 4 x 4 gb 2133mhz cas 9 ram kit / nzxt phantom 530 black / 120gb samsung 840 evo ssd / 240 gb ocz arc 100 ssd / 2x 1tb WD Blue / Cooler Master v850 modular psu / corsair k70 rgb cherry mx Brown / mad catz rat 5 laser mouse / windows 10

I would second the DK3. It's been well worked out and since you don't care for RGB there's no reason to pay the premium.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Dont go with rgb browns. I have a rgb k70 with brown switches and many of the keys are inconsistent. Some of them even feel like membrane switches, i admit high end membrane but some are just icky.

He said he wasn't going to go RGB anyways.

@rdeng2614 Check out the link in my sig for some info on switches. There's a quiz there to see if browns are really your thing. 

But all these are safe bets:

Cooler Master Quickfire TK/Rapid/ XT

Ducky anything

WASD anything

Corsair's K70 if you can find it

Logitech's G710+ if you don't type super hard and break the keycaps

Anything directly from Cherry 

Das makes good stuff and happens to use a ruler for a stand on the back ;)

Filco is good

Just a start :)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I'm solo sick of saying this to buyers! it matters on the switch and build quality not the brand!

go for one of the main four: brown, blue, red, and blacks

if u intend on using razer mx blues and browns are very similar to the green and orange (respectively)

if u don't know what these feel like u should search them up

sorry if i hurt ur feelings with the first line BB. ;)

Is ducky shine 4 just an Rgb version of ducky shine 3?

The Shine 4 uses Dual LED's (Red and Blue) instead of the three needed for RGB. 

But are there differences in the keyboard itself (the hardware) between the Ducky Shine 3 and Ducky Shine 4?