Positive Air pressure/Upgrading

shadowr1ku
Go to solution Solved by loccilucas,

You need more air coming in than out, it doesn't really affect temps however Pos air pressure reduced duct intake, as for making your h100i quieter, throw away the fans and replace them for some NF-F12's, noiseblocker blacksilent pro's, E-loops, air penetrators, rosewell hyperboreas.

Hello Forum!

So to celebrate the Holiday spirit, it is time for me to update/upgrade my Rig's cooling. To be honest, the only thing I did was replaced all the case fans with LED Corsair AF 140's (2 front, 1 exhaust). I also have a Corsair Hydro h100i with 2 stock 120's (Push).

I tried looking up a lot of websites, but there is quite a wide variety of advice :P

I need help with:

• With the picture provided, is this okay on creating positive air pressure?
  • Concerning h100i: What fan (120mm) goes well with it? It is quite loud, so anything helps to keep it a bit quieter
  • Case: Same as above, except 140mm and keep it on a low volume.

Planning to OC my i7-4770k soon so hence the upgrades :P

(I live in Cali, and plan to use both newegg and amazon on US dollars.)

Thanks guys!

post-46174-0-08688100-1419290128.jpg

To create positive pressure inside your case you need more fans pushing air in than out, so Id recommend turning around the fan in the back. This can improve your temps by about 5°C.

If you want the best fan in terms of noise/performance ratio, Noctua NF-F12 are the way to go, some good alternatives are Noiseblocker eLoops or Scythe Gentle Typhoons

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

You need more air coming in than out, it doesn't really affect temps however Pos air pressure reduced duct intake, as for making your h100i quieter, throw away the fans and replace them for some NF-F12's, noiseblocker blacksilent pro's, E-loops, air penetrators, rosewell hyperboreas.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

To create positive pressure inside your case you need more fans pushing air in than out, so Id recommend turning around the fan in the back. This can improve your temps by about 5°C.

If you want the best fan in terms of noise/performance ratio, Noctua NF-F12 are the way to go, some good alternatives are Noiseblocker eLoops or Scythe Gentle Typhoons

So with what @skullbringer said, would turning the exauhst fan the other way actually help?

So with what @skullbringer said, would turning the exauhst fan the other way actually help?

Mabye turn the h100i fans around so you have the front and top intaking and rear exhausting. Make sure you filter the intakes though, otherwise its all abit pointless.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Mabye turn the h100i fans around so you have the front and top intaking and rear exhausting. Make sure you filter the intakes though, otherwise its all abit pointless.

The front is filtered, and the Top of the case has a plastic-like sheet that covers the top, so I don't know if that is considered as a filter.

The front is filtered, and the Top of the case has a plastic-like sheet that covers the top, so I don't know if that is considered as a filter.

hm, not really sure what you mean, if you don't think it will work very well as a dust filter stretch a pair of tights over the fans, it works as a fine dust filter and won't affect the airflow.

hm, not really sure what you mean, if you don't think it will work very well as a dust filter stretch a pair of tights over the fans, it works as a fine dust filter and won't affect the airflow.

I found a picture if that helps

6194_09_corsair_graphite_760t_full_tower

I found a picture if that helps

Yeah, just stretch some tights over the top grill and it'll make a fine dust filter.

Yeah, just stretch some tights over the top grill and it'll make a fine dust filter.

Alright I will definitely do that once I decided/acquire the fans! Thank you!

I want to give you credit because your fan suggestions actually do help alot, if only I can mark two things as solved :P