SSD Amount

PcAaron

Hi everyone, i have a 250GB SSD but when i run out of room should I buy another 250GB SSD or should i buy a 500GB SSD and move all of my stuff onto that?

Hi everyone, i have a 250GB SSD but when i run out of room should I buy another 250GB SSD or should i buy a 500GB SSD and move all of my stuff onto that?

It all depends on your budget do you have the cash to buy a 500gb ssd? if so go for it because then you can have 750gb worth of ssd. Because a good 250gb ssd runs around $100-120 vs the 500's are $250+.

It all depends on your budget do you have the cash to buy a 500gb ssd? if so go for it because then you can have 750gb worth of ssd. Because a good 250gb ssd runs around $100-120 vs the 500's are $250+.

Yes i could get a 500GB but i wasnt sure if having 2 SSD's had some disadvantages???

Yes i could get a 500GB but i wasnt sure if having 2 SSD's had some disadvantages???

Not really. Especially if you ever decided to build a secondary pc you could always put the 250gb in it or just have a shit ton of extremely fast storage. One thing i would do if your going to have that kind of flash storage would be to dedicate 60 gigs of one of those drives to a cache to speed up your mechanical drive if you have one.

The only real disadvantage I could think of honestly is keeping up with all of the drive names and which is which in your pc when you go to save stuff if you have 3 or more drives in your rig.

Not really. Especially if you ever decided to build a secondary pc you could always put the 250gb in it or just have a shit ton of extremely fast storage. One thing i would do if your going to have that kind of flash storage would be to dedicate 60 gigs of one of those drives to a cache to speed up your mechanical drive if you have one.

The only real disadvantage I could think of honestly is keeping up with all of the drive names and which is which in your pc when you go to save stuff if you have 3 or more drives in your rig.

alright cool, thanks a lot for the help, i am just going to buy a 500Gb SSD when i run out of space then! :)