Cpu cooling

PcAaron

Will i ever have any reason or need to actually change the fan speed of my hyper 212 evo cpu cooler if i'm just playing games? no editing or anything like that

Changing your fan speeds can lower noise or cool better. You can do whatever you'd like as long as your temps are fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yes, that is true, just wasnt sure if the cooler would adjust automatically at certain times, my gpu is an asus gtx 970 and the fans only turn on at 60 degrees, will i ever need to adjust those fans?

Yes, that is true, just wasnt sure if the cooler would adjust automatically at certain times, my gpu is an asus gtx 970 and the fans only turn on at 60 degrees, will i ever need to adjust those fans?

The fan is pwm and follows the fan curve from your motherboard settings. 

You can adjust your graphics card fans with software like Msi Afterburner if you'd like. You can do whatever you want as long as your temps are fine.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

ooh alright thanks, how do you do that? haha, would asus gpu tweak be better considering i have an asus card or would msi afterburner be better?

The fan is pwm and follows the fan curve from your motherboard settings.

You can adjust your graphics card fans with software like Msi Afterburner if you'd like. You can do whatever you want as long as your temps are fine.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

Ahhhhh

ooh alright thanks, how do you do that? haha, would asus gpu tweak be better considering i have an asus card or would msi afterburner be better?

I prefer Msi Afterburner--most people do. The application brand doesn't really matter. 

I prefer Msi Afterburner--most people do. The application brand doesn't really matter.

Oh okay good, thanks a lot