Please help me tweaking the new wolfenstein

zappian

Hi guys.

I bought this game a while back and only installed it today.

The thing is , idtech5 being the usal POS , the textures has severe popin which causes a hitch(stutter basically) and drops my frame-rate.

Its not a vram thing since it only uses 1.3 GB of my 2GB 270x and i needed your help tweaking this game to perform better.

I had the same issues when rage came out and can only play it now thought sheer brute force , it ran like crap on my 5850 when it came out , and they haven't fixed the issue ...

Greetins John

SNIP

The main ones are

V sync off (you can force it in amd/nvidia control panel if you need it, the ingame one sucks)

Triple buffering off (check your amd/nvidia control panels too)

screen space reflections

shadow details

I had issues with stuttering but I managed to get it smooth and its a great fun game, pretty too

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

double post ignore this

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Id tech 5 is not a bad engine, it does a lot of innovative things and things that frankly make sense: by using textures to scale visual quality they can adapt to virtually any system as long as it has enough memory. Unfortunately the industry went the other way. It runs like a charm even at 4k on my R9 290.

It would be a good idea to post a screenshot of your current settings.

Turn down ppf to 16, that should fix part of (if not all) the popin. Turn on texture compression. Turn ambient occlusion and screen-space lighting to the minimum or off. Turn down shadow resolution (it might be the vram, the came can't occupy all available vram so part of the textures must be streamed from the drive or ram anyway). If vsync is off, try turning it on, and turn it off if it's on. Put texture resolution at 8192 (at the cost of lowering the miscellaneuos settings if necessary).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*