25$ enough to start sleeving?

TheMidnightNarwhal
Go to solution Solved by TheMidnightNarwhal,

Got Bitfenixe's, they're really good.

It depends what you want to do.

At the cheapest you can buy some superglue, paracord and paperclips, although while the superglue method does work, it may not last long if it doesn't bond to the wire correctly, and can stain the paracord.

otherwise you can swap out the superglue for a lighter (maybe need quite a few for lots of cables) and do the usual method. 

Add up the cost of those and there you go ;)

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

From what I have seen the tools cost more than that if you want to make custom cables as well. But if you are going to sleeve already made cable it should be doable for a smallish set of cables.

Quote me to get a reply!

A good ATX pin remover alone is about $25, after that comes sleeving and heatshrink (unless you go by the heatshrink-less method). It is easily worth every penny though!

A good ATX pin remover alone is about $25, after that comes sleeving and heatshrink (unless you go by the heatshrink-less method). It is easily worth every penny though!

From what I have seen the tools cost more than that if you want to make custom cables as well. But if you are going to sleeve already made cable it should be doable for a smallish set of cables.

It depends what you want to do.

At the cheapest you can buy some superglue, paracord and paperclips, although while the superglue method does work, it may not last long if it doesn't bond to the wire correctly, and can stain the paracord.

otherwise you can swap out the superglue for a lighter (maybe need quite a few for lots of cables) and do the usual method.

Add up the cost of those and there you go ;)

Alright... I guess I will just go ahead and get bitfenix sleeved extensions

Alright... I guess I will just go ahead and get bitfenix sleeved extensions

The bitfenix sleeved extensions are good, but not great. I have them myself. I would recommend going with Ultimate Personal Computers. I've got a promocode for it as well if you'd like.

you could do it with paracord, a lighter, some heatshrink, and staples...

i did it that way on my old psu, didn't even cost me €15,- and it looked great! only unfortunate thing was that the psu was already bad (didn't know that before)

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

• 2 weeks later...

You can get away with an extractor, lighter, flush cutter, and some paracord for heatshrinkless style. You can pass up the extractor and flush cutter for a scissors and staples but it is worth the few extra bucks

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

• 2 weeks later...

How much is it for starting to custom sleeve? Like, basic tools and stuff.

I personally have the rosewill sleeved cables, and they're pretty good for the price. Cheap and ive had no problems. you could probably buy a whole set for under $30

edit: oops, didnt notice this was already solved, would you mind marking as solved so people can find this later on?

AMD FX-8320@4.7ghz|8GB Avexir Core Series Ram|Phanteks Enthoo Pro|Gigabyte Windforce GTX 760 4gb|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|Corsair CX600