i5 4690,i5 4460,i5 4590

tremor8

Hey im getting a new pc soon,mainly focused on gaming.And i want to ask is it worth for me to pay more for the i5 4690/i5 4590?My budget could get all 3 of them but i dont want to pay for nothing.Any recommendations?

I5-4690k and OC it. It will last quite a bit longer

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

What are the prices on each where you live? I imagine something like 10$ would be worth it to go for the more expensive one.

As archangel says there is also the option to overclock with the much more expensive K version but that depends on your budget as you would also need more expensive components (better mobo, PSU, cooling...)

I myself have a locked i5 4690 and it has been incredibly good in every gaming situation. 

If you're about taking a locked CPU then choose the one that's cheaper, in this case it'd be the i5 4460

yea a 4460 and a b85 chipset board can be nice and cheap

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

ok so for the i5-4460 i can get a b87/b85 but for the i5-4590 and i5-4690 i need the h97/z97 mobos right?

I'm running the i5 4440, practically identical to the 4460, but 100mhz slower, 3%. If you don't plan to OC and want to save money, the 4460 will be a killer chip for quite some time, if for gaming. Outside of video rendering the i5's are every bit as good as the i7's.

Btw my entire library runs good on this chip, and it spends quite a lot of time boosting in games. BF4 runs very good on the 4440 with 16GB 1600mhz memory and a reference, stock GTX 770 2GB. I think my last benchmark, on Seige of Shanghai was 97fps avg on a 64 man server, all Ultra 1080p with no AA.

It's a fine chip.

Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the ‘transcendent’ and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don’t be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.