How can I use a digital camera as a "webcam" without using any cables I need to buy?

MattTheMayor

Going to build my PC really soon and if things get really confusing, I need a really fast way to get help. Sure I would ask the forum, but it would be tons faster and easier to make a livestream. I would use my laptop webcam but it would be harder to show where I'm stuck at and stuff. I'm not entirely sure that I'll actually do a livestream because that sounds really unnecessary but yeah. I have a Canon Powershot SD970 (digital camera ancient lol). I looked on youtube and saw that most people used an EasyCap but I'm sure I won't spend 15 dollars on one lol. On the camera I see a Micro USB port that says A/V OUT Digital. Maybe I can use that?

If there's no methods then I'll just resort to asking the forums the old fashioned way.

Cheers <3

Oops title looks like I'm showing a tutorial. Can a mod please fix it? lol

edit, then use full editor to change title yourself

And yea, you fooled me!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!